• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn’t believe the narrative that Haaland was holding City back for a second, but their attack looks sooo much better here without him…

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Alvarez gives them back that ability to keep the ball as long as they want deep into the final third. Haaland scored 8 goals in last 2 games so maybe they’re not actually better, but they are definitely prettier.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
First half was a great contest. Second Liverpool have looked like a championship side playing a cup tie who have ran out of steam.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chavs cratering.

You hate to see it... :ph34r:

Seriously though Potter must be on borrowed time. Reckon if Uncle Roman was still (officially) in charge he'd have had his P45 by now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
can’t see why they would sack Potter otherwise
League position probably had something to do with it.

I think there's legitimate questions to be had over Potter's abilities as an attacking coach. Brighton last season and Chelsea this had the same basic flaw - played nice football at times but struggled to score goals.

Molehill

International Captain
League position probably had something to do with it.

I think there's legitimate questions to be had over Potter's abilities as an attacking coach. Brighton last season and Chelsea this had the same basic flaw - played nice football at times but struggled to score goals.
You could argue that he was somewhat hamstrung at Chelsea by basically having no strikers.

Anyway, Chelsea to win the Champions League with a brand new German manager???

Meanwhile, how long has Klopp got? He's overseen this decline that most could have predicted as soon as he sold Mane. That second half on Saturday was an embarrassment, utterly outclassed.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't bet against Potter managing Palace next season, whichever division we find ourselves in. I'm assuming that Hodgson is a very short-term appointment of course. Apart from the ridiculous M23 rivalry, he wouldn't be the worst fit. Did well at Brighton before struggling at a much bigger club. A bit like Hodgson actually.