• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May as well fine the 3 of them for not social distancing while they are at it if you are going to punish events like that. That has never been a penalty before ever and if you were a fan of Southampton you would agree as there was nothing he could do to get out of the way.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One does wonder if they're over-sensitive about VAR being a goal-killer. Certainly not that this year.

Uppercut

Should be a red anywhere on the pitch. Doing that to someone running full pelt is much more dangerous than stuff like studs to the thigh that you always see a red for.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Love how they spent so much on such a terrible keeper. One of the worst signings ever surely?
Still relatively young for a keeper and do feel some sympathy for him, I do think some of his mistakes have been exaggerated because its Kepa and because he's regularly making mistakes anyway but would loan him out if it was my choice, perhaps to a newly promoted Spanish side like Cadiz were expectations are low, I don't see how sitting on the bench is good for Kepa or the club, at least if he was to do decently at somewhere like Cadiz he could return next season with some confidence behind him (at the moment he is a keeper low on confidence who is hated or ridiculed by everyone in the country) and if the club decide he has no long term future, a keeper with decent form behind him would attract a higher fee then Kepa now. Still believe he has potential and he wouldn't have been doing well at Bilbao by most accounts and got 10 caps for Spain, 9 of them after his move to Chelsea

Uppercut

Love how they spent so much on such a terrible keeper. One of the worst signings ever surely?
I was thinking this too. I definitely can’t think of a more expensive signing that performed worse. So rare to see a PL keeper who’s bad at every single aspect of keeping.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I was thinking this too. I definitely can’t think of a more expensive signing that performed worse. So rare to see a PL keeper who’s bad at every single aspect of keeping.
He was definitely a bit of a panic buy wasn't he? IIRC Courtois acted the dick all of a sudden to force through his move to Real Madrid.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah loads of really expensive singings don't work out for one reason or another but people like Coutinho and Di Maria were still obviously really good at football.

flibbertyjibber

One of the best weekends of Premier League football there has been, defending has been a bit crap but plenty to enjoy attacking wise. After 2 games I'd say the new signings to impress me most so far are James, Gabriel and Castagne.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah loads of really expensive singings don't work out for one reason or another but people like Coutinho and Di Maria were still obviously really good at football.
Throw Joelinton in there too (at least according to Tifo football)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Kepa buy definitely had a whiff of "let's go on FM and see who the most expensive keepers are and just assume the ones near the top of this list are the best" to it.