• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah have been in Birmingham for 5 years now. Has been pretty good for Brentford away games but going to have to be 7th tier for now. Lucky an old friend has moved up who likes going to live football even more than I do.

grecian

On the positive side, decent sum for Watkins via sell on clause if the % I've seen is to be believed could really be useful long term especially with salary cap (although I don't agree with it) dragging higher spending clubs in the league down in terms of wages in the
Our financial position may be one of the better ones in the lower divisions, but after 3 play-off defeats in 4 years, we probably need promotion to stop even virtual fans from turning off, 1 point from 6 not helping.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Ham have been handy since lockdown. Hard to believe how much better they got just by picking up Soucek and Bowen in January and putting Antonio in a Drogba role.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Crystal Palace haven't lost in Manchester since 30th September 2017.

Ludicrous stat
Yep, last team to go as many games, 5 games, without losing a PL game in Manchester happens to be Chelsea between May 2013-October 2014, shows how impressive a run it is from Palace not so much the Man Utd games but the Man City games to not lose in last two years away to Man City is super impressive

Niall

International Coach
How did they manage to make VAR even worse?

Not that United deserved anything. One of our worst performances under Solskjaer.

Money spent but lets recap

Goalkeeper on decline

Full backs who are ok defensively but aids going forward

27 centre halfs who all vary from toilet to decent and not much more.

No right winger of note.

Then look at the reserves, some are at best handy e.g Mata and Lingaard and the rest all the absolute ****s (Jones, Rojo, Brazilian Cleverl) and well James he runs fast and seems like a good lad from the leeds doc

for all the talk of "best league in the world" somehow finished third with a manger out of his depth!

vcs

How did they manage to make VAR even worse?

Not that United deserved anything. One of our worst performances under Solskjaer.
Haha yeah that was an absolute farce (both the penalty and the retake) but I didn't mind it happening to Utd given all the penalties they've had recently, and well, just the fact that they're Utd. :p

harsh.ag

Don't really understand the application of handball rules tbh. Many of them seem natural to me.

vcs

Yeah. Kicking it up in the general direction of players' arms in the penalty box has become a legit tactic. Kind of how they hit it to players' legs in field hockey attempting to win penalty corners. Ruins the game.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hi there. Yup, very happy with two wins. Our track record against MU is a bit odd in that we seem to do better against them at Old Trafford than at Selhurst Park. Agreed that the penalty decisions were harsh, especially when you compare the one that was given against MU to the one that wasn't given in the Arsenal/West Ham game. Hopefully I'll remember to be gracious when one of these calls goes against us at some point.

Last edited:

Uppercut

I didn’t really care that it was against us. We didn’t deserve anything and Woodward tends to interpret even the scrappiest wins as ‘ah cool so the team doesn’t need improved at all then’, so in the long run we might be better off losing.

But I haven’t really got over how badly VAR is ruining the game. It really ****s me off to see that kind of thing happening, was annoyed when it happened to West Ham and Spurs last year too. Biggest worry now is that the refs will start giving that type of handball in amateur league games.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha yeah that was an absolute farce (both the penalty and the retake) but I didn't mind it happening to Utd given all the penalties they've had recently, and well, just the fact that they're Utd. :p
I thought the award of the penalty was fine (IMO if you block an effort on goal with your hand, then it should be a penalty) but the retake was a farce.

To borrow a cricketing term, the 'delivery stride' where the kicker plants their non kicking foot before striking the ball happens so quickly that if a goalkeeper moves forward during the delivery stride then that should be ok. Freeze framing the moment the taker strikes the ball and pinging the goalkeeper for being centimetres off his line is nonsense.

flibbertyjibber

Spurs look so slow and laboured here, take more than Bale to turn them round.

First pace injection and Son equalises. Glad I got rid of him in my fantasy team after they looked so bad last week. 8-)

Uppercut

Spurs look so slow and laboured here, take more than Bale to turn them round.

First pace injection and Son equalises. Glad I got rid of him in my fantasy team after they looked so bad last week. 8-)
:laugh: aw man.
I reckon he might be the best finisher in the world.