• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
A lot of very creditable league performances were not really borne out in results tbf. Still didn't really lose that many games either, just loads of draws. But yeah, undoubtedly pain still to come. But definite grounds for optimism now.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This Koulibaly saga has been like digging my eyeballs out a millimeter per day, but at least it's probably over now. I do think we'll regret it, though. Kounde looks like a great player for the future but:
a) We don't exactly have a track record of improving young defenders, other than Laporte (but even he has had some ups and downs) .
b) I just really wanted a ready-made dominant guy at the back to settle the situation a bit. Don't have a lot of faith that Kounde will hit the ground running.

Happy to be proven incorrect in time, but just don't feel great about it. On the plus side, I'm glad we likely won't end up with Diego Carlos or Jose Gimenez.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hope you get him tbh. Apparently Arsenal booting Sokratis is dependent on the Koulibaly sale going through. And Arsenal's deal(s) for Aouar/Partey are dependent on Sokratis going.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hope you get him tbh. Apparently Arsenal booting Sokratis is dependent on the Koulibaly sale going through. And Arsenal's deal(s) for Aouar/Partey are dependent on Sokratis going.
I'm still hoping so as well, but the reliable mail is that we gave Napoli their ultimatum and they didn't take it. There's talk of PSG but the PSG mail is that they can't afford it at the moment, they'd need to sell multiple players for good money because they're right against the FFP lines atm. Who knows really. Strange window, I think there will be a lot of movement in the last couple of days. I also think that if we get done by Wolves yet again in a few hours there could be some serious movement in the next few days haha.

Here's hoping ADL has overplayed his hand.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This Koulibaly saga has been like digging my eyeballs out a millimeter per day, but at least it's probably over now. I do think we'll regret it, though. Kounde looks like a great player for the future but:
a) We don't exactly have a track record of improving young defenders, other than Laporte (but even he has had some ups and downs) .
b) I just really wanted a ready-made dominant guy at the back to settle the situation a bit. Don't have a lot of faith that Kounde will hit the ground running.

Happy to be proven incorrect in time, but just don't feel great about it. On the plus side, I'm glad we likely won't end up with Diego Carlos or Jose Gimenez.
Kounde has looked pretty amazing whenever I have seen him. France seemingly have endless numbers of good centre backs, well I suppose they just have endless numbers of good players in general.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Kounde has looked pretty amazing whenever I have seen him. France seemingly have endless numbers of good centre backs, well I suppose they just have endless numbers of good players in general.
Yeah I don't disagree, looks some player. I'm just not sure he would settle in instantly.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Geez we've looked good so far. Well, apart from the horrible jerseys. Wouldn't buy one of those even if it had Messi on the back of it.

Ake gonna be a great signing. If we had him to back up Laporte last season things would have been very different overall. Think he'll play a fair bit of LB and in a back 3 this season.

grecian

Time for Ifollow to start doing a season ticket thing, we're ****ed for the rest of the season.

grecian

How many clubs do you think will last the season?
Have no idea, there's going to have to be a rescue package from somewhere, or there maybe about 30 left. This has always been my fear, wasn't a doomsday scenario, just a likely one, a vaccine wasn't going to be developed quickly, winter was always going to be bad for a respiratory problem. Forloughs ending.

It was always going to be hugely unlikely that we would get crowds that were viable. i.e. enough to make it worthwhile.

duffer

Looks like we're getting bent over by Atletico for Torreira. I don't think we'll have the money for Partey or Aouar :(

Lame

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I reckon they'll get one of them. Selling Torreira only makes sense if it's done to finance a new signing.

duffer

Although Romano says we are pushing for an outright sale and are looking to bring in both Partey and Aouar. Would be transformative if it happens.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Although Romano says we are pushing for an outright sale and are looking to bring in both Partey and Aouar. Would be transformative if it happens.
Where is this money coming from - Lyon have sold Traore and Terrier for a combined 27mil - may need to sell more I've heard with needing to save money from no European football but if Depay goes that would be about £60mil for those 3 players combined - in such case Lyon wouldn't be desperate to sell and I've heard Aouar wouldn't be the type to go on strike or put up a massive fuss if he wasn't sold. You'd presume him+Partey probably costs £90mil potentially more.

Napoli don't want to pay a transfer fee for Sokratis and Torreira isn't going to fetch a huge fee I don't imagine - I've seen/heard around 20/25mil quoted. Of course Arsenal would like their wages off the wage bill too but if they are unable to go in for one of Partey or Aouar now it seems difficult to see how they'll be able to bring them both in even if they get rid of those 2 plus someone like Guendouzi.