• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
We need to get this thread up and running with the new Scottish season starting on Saturday. The "English" in the thread title has never meant only the English season and encompasses everything. The EFL fixtures are coming out on August 10th.

Almost anything could happen with the pandemic, so we'll have to wait to see what unfolds. I doubt that anything will stop Celtic winning everything in Scotland though.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't wait to see which ELF teams we get at christmas. Bound to be an easy game given how tired they will be by then.

Uppercut

Ake to City looks more or less done. Makes sense, handy player who's well suited to the way they play.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Ferran Torres as well. Hadn't seen much of him until the restart but he's been very good since then. Not a perfect replacement but should give us that bit of spark we missed with Sane out/gone.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
We need to get this thread up and running with the new Scottish season starting on Saturday. The "English" in the thread title has never meant only the English season and encompasses everything. The EFL fixtures are coming out on August 10th.

Almost anything could happen with the pandemic, so we'll have to wait to see what unfolds. I doubt that anything will stop Celtic winning everything in Scotland though.
Noted with thanks.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah this Chelsea thing is getting seriously irritating, if they get Oblak as well...

Would make them failing more enjoyable I suppose and at least people will have to stop talking about them like they are an exclusively homegrown Under 21 side.

grecian

Chelsea to become the new Ozzzie Ardilles' Spurs, should be fun.

Exeter to lose in the play-off finals 4/5, but with fans this time, won't be me though.

Didn't want to piss on Pothas parade but I turned off the TV when the Sky comms started saying that Watkins can make up for his poor play-off performance in the final last time, well it won't make it up for us will it:mad2:

Oh yeah, best of luck to Pothas and him, and all that crap....

Pothas

Honestly they probably mentioned 4 or 5 times over the two games. Other favourites were:

Brentford have never been promoted via the play-offs
Thomas Frank only won 1 of his first 10 games
Brentford are better at defending this year
Brentford take 'innovative' set pieces.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I doubt that anything will stop Celtic winning everything in Scotland though.
Oddly enough that pandemic weakening everyone else in Scotland might play into our hands.

In the league in the last 2 seasons our record against Celtic hasn't been the problem, it's dropping more points against everyone else than Celtic have which has cost us in both seasons. That and the SPFL rushing to finish the season for Celtic's benefit.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Rangers might be the only team to be starting their new season on Saturday and then continuing with the current season five days later.

Uppercut

Honestly they probably mentioned 4 or 5 times over the two games. Other favourites were:

Brentford have never been promoted via the play-offs
Thomas Frank only won 1 of his first 10 games
Brentford are better at defending this year
Brentford take 'innovative' set pieces.
Haha I'm ****ting myself on your behalf watching the games.

I don't really believe in Fulham, they feel very soft-centred to me. One of those teams that pass the ball well but aren't particularly incisive and can't press or defend, exactly the style that tends to get run over in big games. Just a shame there's no chance whatsoever of you beating them.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Sheffield Wednesday have had 12 points deducted for next season. And surprise surprise Charlton want them deducted this season so they avoid relegation.