• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think teams going into administration purely because of Covid-19 might get away with it as there’s something in the regulations about circumstances beyond the clubs control. Wigan and Wednesday were irregularities unrelated to the virus.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think teams going into administration purely because of Covid-19 might get away with it as there’s something in the regulations about circumstances beyond the clubs control. Wigan and Wednesday were irregularities unrelated to the virus.
The fact the fans can't come in yet, makes me even more wary of the future, lower league teams are ****ed and anyone going on about parochial things are almost utterly deluded, we must just hope we can survive, simple as that, the only aim. no crowds, **** streams, no furloughs, we are dead, unless a vaccine comes soon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No reason to think fans won't be back in 1st October. Reduced crowds but that won't hurt L1/2, speaking parochially, which apparently is deluded, if we can only fill the ground a third full then it won't knock a huge amount off our attendance anyway. Same for most at our level

I mean I find this whole local lockdown, ease of lockdown delay utterly ridiculous. The numbers are low as ****, flatten the curve they said and yet no we have to eliminate the virus all together. ****ing insane

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Flattening the curve was about protecting the NHS, but I’m not getting into politics here. We sold over 2,000 season tickets on Monday at last seasons prices with no promise of any matches, but a promise of live streaming free to ticket holders.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Flattening the curve was about protecting the NHS, but I’m not getting into politics here. We sold over 2,000 season tickets on Monday at last seasons prices with no promise of any matches, but a promise of live streaming free to ticket holders.
I know that, but hey ho. We've sold 2000 also. The commitment made was however many home games are behind closed doors, you get that many free the next season

grecian

The hope was to kill the virus, or close too, before we hit winter, the virus has not been killed, Summer months were when it was less lethal, without a vaccine it's hard to see how everything won't rise when we hit the winter months. I see no chance of crowds in October now we've had them canceled now until August 14th.

Again with all this prognostication from me, I hope I'm wrong, but I sincerely hope my club are budgeting for the worse.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There was no chance of eradicating the virus without a cure, short of locking the entire population in individual padded cells for a month and seeing who survives.

We’ve now sold 3,500 season tickets but they’re not yet accepting applications from new people.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think yours will be, looks like mine are too. Salford and Mansfield don't appear to be

grecian

Well other countries seem more under control than ours entering these key months, again I hope I am wrong, but just don't see a viable opening for many lower league clubs next season, with next to no revenue.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Eddie Howe has left Bournemouth. They'll both probably fail without each other and then he'll go back when they're in League One and fail.

duffer

Woke up hungover and crusty as **** but an hour and a half of reading the collective online Chelsea fan meltdown has gotten me tipsy again.

Gonna ride on these fumes all day tbh. Best day since lockdown by far.

duffer

Fabrizio Romano saying talks between Manchester United and Dortmund for Jason Sancho are at an advanced stage.

Meanwhile Willian has turned down a new Chelsea contract and is talking to us.

Not jealous, just saying.

grecian

Fair play to Sanchez, taken a considerable pay cut for first team football at Inter, oh and to get away from Manchester, which must be an incentive.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Barca offering 10m for Garcia is filth haha. Imagine the hide to offer that after the UEFA witch hunt they and their buddies pushed for.

I'd rather let him run his contract out and go for free than accept that drivel.