• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking forward to see the players we have never heard of who turn out to be better than Watkins and Benrahma.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry fella

Not one for you to answer but why the **** is Charlie Austin trolling Brentford on twitter

DriveClub

International Regular
Surprised Liverpool haven't made any new signings. They could definitely bring some low budget cover for the 3 forwards. Don't think minamino is a false no 9 like Firmino. More of a winger who makes free runs in to the middle.

Niall

International Coach
Fair play to Sanchez, taken a considerable pay cut for first team football at Inter, oh and to get away from Manchester, which must be an incentive.

Undeniably the worst transfer in the history of Man Utd , but looking at the premier league their hasn't been that many others who have been as big as busts has their?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
By September 12th the schools could be open and pubs closed. Perhaps we should let all immortal under 16’s in to matches free of charge to compensate for the shocking trauma of six months off school.

grecian

Looking forward to see the players we have never heard of who turn out to be better than Watkins and Benrahma.
They'll be pretty decent then, we have no good players you can nick, now Chrisene has gone for a packet of crisps and a MacDonalds voucher, bless the System that allows academy prospects to go for peanuts, like Stansfield and Chrisene, from us money-hoarders in the lower Leagues to deserving struggling Premiership clubs like Fulham(sorry) and Villa.

Anyway seems the buy-out clause started by one Athletic journo about Watkins is nonsense. Really depressing how so few other journalists check with anyone to see whether it's true, put Ollie in the search on google news, almost all the stories from multiple sources are about clubs going to go into release an apparent fictitious clause.

One of the reasons I try to ignore the stupid transfer speculation at these times.

Pothas

Yeah even the BBC were confidently going with that story this morning. Would still be very surprised if he did not go but hopefully for a few more million.

grecian

Yeah even the BBC were confidently going with that story this morning. Would still be very surprised if he did not go but hopefully for a few more million.
Indeed, another way Covid has ****ed us I reckon, think we may have been looking at 35-40 mil before, but reckon 25 is seriously max now, unless a big bidding war happens. He would be perfect for Leeds, would score loads for them, and very much a Bielsa player, but not sure how much money they have.

Pothas

Don't think anything above 30 was ever likely, got around 20 for Maupay last year and doubt that market would have moved that much in a year.

Villa would be alright for him I think, Palace would be bad so hope that does not happen. Benrahma I can definitely see at West Ham, can't really believe the Chelsea rumours.

grecian

Don't think anything above 30 was ever likely, got around 20 for Maupay last year and doubt that market would have moved that much in a year.

Villa would be alright for him I think, Palace would be bad so hope that does not happen. Benrahma I can definitely see at West Ham, can't really believe the Chelsea rumours.
I just think without Covid the market was soaring so ridiculously, it was hard to put a limit on any transfers.

Still think he is a perfect player for a team who wants to play the forward press, and I guess that will be even more of the vogue nowadays.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Premier League meeting is today and they have to add a curtailment plan for future seasons in the event that a season can't be completed. Let's have a guess - PPG and no relegation.

duffer

I’m sure the 55 staff being made redundant will be impressed with any signings they make.
Word is the players are pissed off by the move. They agreed a 12.5% pay cut(Ozil didnt) in order to protect all the people who worked for the club.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, another way Covid has ****ed us I reckon, think we may have been looking at 35-40 mil before, but reckon 25 is seriously max now, unless a big bidding war happens. He would be perfect for Leeds, would score loads for them, and very much a Bielsa player, but not sure how much money they have.
Seen rumors to the effect Leeds will be looking to spend 50-70 million, with the priority being first sorting out the future of the starters who were on loan (Helder Costa and Jack Harrison taken care of, still sweating on Been White) before bringing in New faces.