• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting 25m for Rhian Brewster sealed it. How the **** did they get that much for him.
Obvious how well they buy from looking at their squad but how ****ing good are their sales? They got 15m for Jordon Ibe, 19m for Solanke, now 25m for Brewster. Then ****ing billions from Coutinho.

Uppercut

What a player. Will be great to see him in the Premier League
He's been underrated for a long time. Missed a lot of games through injury and Spain didn't always pick him because he didn't play in Spain and their managers were clowns. When he got on the park he was probably the best CM in the world and in this season's CL it wasn't even close.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
:laugh: true. They're basically running a pump-and-dump on young Brits.
Young English footballer comes up through the ranks at Liverpool, plays a game or two in a cup, a strongly pro-Liverpool media flaps about praising the player, they sell him to some bottom-half Premier League or Championship club for about 10 times what they're worth. Tale as old as time.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This Raya to Arsenal thing is getting irritating now. He is not supposed to leave this summer, go away.

flibbertyjibber

Young English footballer comes up through the ranks at Liverpool, plays a game or two in a cup, a strongly pro-Liverpool media flaps about praising the player, they sell him to some bottom-half Premier League or Championship club for about 10 times what they're worth. Tale as old as time.
United were masters at doing this years ago.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would be surprised if there is much in the Raya story. From what I understand, he's pretty highly rated, and he's of an age and ability level where moving somewhere to become an understudy doesn't make a huge amount of sense, even if it involves a move up a division. Imagine it's much more likely Arsenal will sign this young bloke from Dijon, who will also likely be much cheaper.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This is not really true at all.

General point still stands though.
Nah I disagree. LIke Flibberty said he was better after the restart but he was really underwhelming in every game I saw him play, which was a surprisingly large amount this season. His positioning was especially poor. Will probably turn into a good player with time but just didn't seem like he'd improved at all since I'd last seen him in the u17 World Cup. Has an eye for goal, though.