• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Villa give Exeter money, hence they are good. Actually genuinely don't think they've made terrible signings, expensive ones but not bad.

Luton have pulled out of the aforementioned trial because they weren't ready, you'd think the EFL would have asked them that before they put their name on the list.

I also don't get this 1000 thing at all it just seems a remarkably stupid and arbitrary number, obviously, all smaller stadia could hold, but ya know bigger spaces may be able to hold more, I know I'm probably being too scientific.

Just like most things covid related a mish-mash of nonsense. I'm quite glad we're not one of the experimental clubs whacked in the petri dish.
TRFC put a statement out yesterday saying we were given about two hours notice should we wish to apply to participate in this pilot

Like you say. 1000 fans at Morecambe would look fairly normal, you could space everyone 13 seats apart in Prenton Park, and we are hardly a big ground. Just arbitrary nonsense

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aston Villa being worse than Leicester City for pretty much the last ten years vindicates my words imo
Tough comparison though, Leicester are one of the best run clubs.
Sunderland are surely the worst. Their stadium is almost as big as Anfield. How do you even get a club that size to League One?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tough comparison though, Leicester are one of the best run clubs.
Sunderland are surely the worst. Their stadium is almost as big as Anfield. How do you even get a club that size to League One?
Yeah I thought Sunderland right away and I don't think it's even close, Pompey possibly too somewhere. I suppose you could say that both of their League winning success is pretty historical now though, unlike teams like Villa and Leeds.

Pothas

Yeah Sunderland count as a 'big' club so it is them by miles, they did it without a full financial meltdown which makes it even more impressive.

Villa have been through a few different owners in recent years. The latest ones don't seem to bad really.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
True. In our championship days they were not often a force, though they did miss out on promotion on goals scored in 93 I think.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Portsmouth is a city of 100k people tho. Birmingham has 2m.

edit: also if you surveyed people in Leicester i reckon you'd end up with roughly as many Villa fans as Leicester fans

Last edited:

Uppercut

Yeah Sunderland count as a 'big' club so it is them by miles, they did it without a full financial meltdown which makes it even more impressive.

Villa have been through a few different owners in recent years. The latest ones don't seem to bad really.
Villa were lucky to go up and they make some very very questionable transfers. Wesley for £22m etc. They’re probably the worst run club in the top flight, it’s between them, West Ham and Newcastle. But that’s partly because the absolute disaster owners have mostly been flushed by now.

flibbertyjibber

Na the Dildo Brothers club is the worst run in the Prem, same as they did at Birmingham, everything on the cheap but expect way too much.

Pothas

Villa were lucky to go up and they make some very very questionable transfers. Wesley for £22m etc. They’re probably the worst run club in the top flight, it’s between them, West Ham and Newcastle. But that’s partly because the absolute disaster owners have mostly been flushed by now.
They took over the summer before they got promoted so it is a fairly short time to judge them on. Although they reached the play-off final the year before they still inherited a pretty bad situation, don't think they were especially lucky to go up either in the end, 4th best team across the season but arguably the best the last part of the season. Definitely some suspect transfers last year but they just about got away with it, don't think they are anywhere near the proven track record of badness that is West Ham.

Uppercut

In my head I was giving United too much credit for a handful of vaguely competent transfers in the past year and a bit and a 3rd place finish, but jesus, now that I think about it. Definitely worse than Villa.