• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ancelotti another example of "football played in England counts triple" it appears
Na, he has won stuff everywhere as a player and as a manager. The fact he comes across as a nice bloke but obviously has the mean streak needed to be a top manager is credit to him. Some appointment for a midtable side who has nothing in 25 years and only 1 trophy in over 30.

Niall

International Coach
Spurs not in a great position really, could make a somewhat compelling argument that City, Pool, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves,Everton and Leicester are all better than them this season. No chance of top 4 and top 6 also looks dicey.

Do wonder when Kane says "**** this" and asks to leave.

He is 27 who has constantly smashed it for years but has won absolutely zilch.

flibbertyjibber

Spurs not in a great position really, could make a somewhat compelling argument that City, Pool, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves,Everton and Leicester are all better than them this season. No chance of top 4 and top 6 also looks dicey.

Do wonder when Kane says "**** this" and asks to leave.

He is 27 who has constantly smashed it for years but has won absolutely zilch.
Only thing I disagree with is Leicester as with europe to contend with and not having a huge squad they may struggle due to amount of games in a shorter season.

Is it me or does Kane seem way off the pace since he returned from injury? Hope I am wrong but could he be in an early decline like Owen had due to the amount of injuries. Pray I am wrong.

Niall

International Coach
Nope definitely heard other people say he is not as explosive as he was a few seasons ago. He is obviously a slow starter to a season but still...

I assume he is thinking "give this mob another season and if Spurs in limbo leave"............but few teams will be able to afford him and those who can surely looking at Haaland or Mbappe instead.

Younger and probably not that much more expensive than Kane when you consider the Levy factor.

Uppercut

Is it me or does Kane seem way off the pace since he returned from injury? Hope I am wrong but could he be in an early decline like Owen had due to the amount of injuries. Pray I am wrong.
I feel like this post would have made more sense 2 years ago. At this point it’s pretty clear he’s become a good but not great striker, like post-injury Shearer. 27 isn’t even a late decline.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Mourinho reckons the Spurs players aren't fit enough. That's usually an excuse used by a coach when he first takes over.

Anyway a nice start for PSG - two leagues games, two defeats, seven players with the virus and three sent off in one game.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Test events are going to continue but with 1,000 fans. While it would be good for the fans to get back in it's not really testing anything and will cost clubs more than empty stadiums if the refreshments and concessions aren't trading. The only people inside will be season ticket holders who've spent their money already and need policing. The Premier League have already said they won't join the test events until a viable number are allowed in.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Test events are going to continue but with 1,000 fans. While it would be good for the fans to get back in it's not really testing anything and will cost clubs more than empty stadiums if the refreshments and concessions aren't trading. The only people inside will be season ticket holders who've spent their money already and need policing. The Premier League have already said they won't join the test events until a viable number are allowed in.
Yeah I would hazard a guess there's maybe ten clubs in the EFL with less than 1k season ticket holders so it causes more headaches than anything

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
10 EFL games with 1,000 fans this Saturday - assuming Morecambe can raise that many who want to attend. 1,000 at Middlesbrough seems pointless.

Championship

• Luton Town v Derby County
  • Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth
  • Norwich City v Preston North End
League One

• Blackpool v Swindon Town
  • Charlton Athletic v Doncaster Rovers
  • Hull City v Crewe Alexandra
  • Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town
League Two

• Carlisle United v Southend United (13:00 BST)
  • Forest Green Rovers v Bradford City
  • Morecambe v Cambridge United

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I really like Emi Martinez, and he did a solid job when stepping in for Leno at the back end of last season. Was quietly very impressive. But selling a backup keeper who was very clearly never going to displace your true number 1 for £20m seems like a very good piece of business. Just today's market I guess.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Villa give Exeter money, hence they are good. Actually genuinely don't think they've made terrible signings, expensive ones but not bad.

Luton have pulled out of the aforementioned trial because they weren't ready, you'd think the EFL would have asked them that before they put their name on the list.

I also don't get this 1000 thing at all it just seems a remarkably stupid and arbitrary number, obviously, all smaller stadia could hold, but ya know bigger spaces may be able to hold more, I know I'm probably being too scientific.

Just like most things covid related a mish-mash of nonsense. I'm quite glad we're not one of the experimental clubs whacked in the petri dish.