• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Norwich have a strong side?
Was reading a BBC article previewing the quarter final where it was mentioned that they were bottom but "the best team ever to be bottom".

When I clicked the link to see who'd described them as that, turns out it was the renowned pundit Chris Sutton.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was reading a BBC article previewing the quarter final where it was mentioned that they were bottom but "the best team ever to be bottom".

When I clicked the link to see who'd described them as that, turns out it was the renowned pundit Chris Sutton.
I like many others possibly kinda thought that was true at one point, but in the end they play some nice football, but have no real bite at either end, they are just not good at attacking or defending, which probably makes them not good. Scored less than anyone, only team worse at conceding is Villa, poor points tally, they are just bad, with no real excuses. Can't be arsed to think of teams that were bottom that were better, because in the end, they are not things you remember unless you support them.

Oh and obviously Sutton is a moron.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were reasonably good at the start of the season, played some really penetrative football with quick combinations, they even beat City. I think it's a tough style of football to keep at when you go on a run of losses and the players lose confidence and don't enjoy it any more. Maybe there were some changes that tried to tighten them up but just hamstrung their attack. At this point as grecian says they're just bad at everything.

grecian

just come back, so don't really know the views of the thread on VAR, I will presume it's predictably condemnatory, because it will save me from looking back through the thread.

Yet anyway, as much as I can be annoyed about VAR, I am so much more annoyed about people slagging off VAR for stuff that isn't it's fault, the midweek MOTD was a perfect example of this, they showed Moyes slagging off VAR, they then showed a clip which showed it was probably handball and then weighed in, but that clip wasn't the one showed to the VAR bloke, the clip he saw was the one where the coms didn't even know the problem for the goal. Shearer and Lineker then both slated VAR since it came back, citing this and the goal-line tech for that non-goal, which we know wasn't really in the purview of VAR.

Look if we want to talk about it as a system, only talk about what it can adjudicate on or not.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
just come back, so don't really know the views of the thread on VAR, I will presume it's predictably condemnatory, because it will save me from looking back through the thread.

Yet anyway, as much as I can be annoyed about VAR, I am so much more annoyed about people slagging off VAR for stuff that isn't it's fault, the midweek MOTD was a perfect example of this, they showed Moyes slagging off VAR, they then showed a clip which showed it was probably handball and then weighed in, but that clip wasn't the one showed to the VAR bloke, the clip he saw was the one where the coms didn't even know the problem for the goal. Shearer and Lineker then both slated VAR since it came back, citing this and the goal-line tech for that non-goal, which we know wasn't really in the purview of VAR.

Look if we want to talk about it as a system, only talk about what it can adjudicate on or not.
I love it purely because we played one game with it and it earned us a goal and a pen

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Scottish Leagues 1 & 2 are voting on whether to restart in October with a 27 game season. But they have to vote without knowing whether spectators will be allowed and if they're not they'll all go bankrupt.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching the Championship highlights, and aside from the foolish Osama cut out there were a few interesting attendants to Leeds' home game v. Fulham.

duffer

Losing Balogun is a bit of a bummer. Was meant to be in the same tier as Saka as far as talent goes in our academy but couldn't get a look in with the forward options we have. Probably has a fair few good offers elsewhere.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just seen the score. Heavy. Sorry grecian

Northampton stealing our place then by being 7th (on average anyway) with about 10/11 games to go. And they are absolutely ****e. We would clean house against them. Just get ****ed.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry Grecian, hoped you'd do it but alas no. Northampton, whoopee.

So if Leicester is in lockdown now does that mean the football matches are off?

grecian

Oddly, not that upset, probably wouldn't have been that elated either if we won, as I've said before much more invested in the financial situation next year, mind you losing won't help that.

TBF, Moxeys challenge was at least one bit of passion we showed all night, so first person to be sent off in a new Wembley play-off final, Matt Gill Exeter city, last person, Dean Moxey Exeter City, who played in that game in 2007, keeping the records that matter.

Last edited: