• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
4 years ago at this moment I was on the way to Wembley for yet another attempt to get out of Division 4. Lost 2-0 to Wimbledon. It was the most wretched performance but a perfect collapse to end a season when we were 18 points clear of 4th place at Christmas. We got promoted the following year, relegated two years later and were making a reasonable if unspectacular attempt to get straight back up when the virus hit.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I like the headline about preparations being underway for the League 2 Play Offs. Clubs placed between 4th and 7th were included in the EFL coronavirus testing. Colchester 4, Exeter 2, Northampton 1, Cheltenham 0.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the headline about preparations being underway for the League 2 Play Offs. Clubs placed between 4th and 7th were included in the EFL coronavirus testing. Colchester 4, Exeter 2, Northampton 1, Cheltenham 0.
Colchester did well to win 4v2 against Exeter. Wonder if they'll still be as strong in the 2nd leg next week.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Was listening to the Beeb world service Champions League final special and someone mentioned, almost as a throw away comment, something about the Champions League concluding in August. So much for an off season if this is true.

grecian

I've heard who the two players maybe not hugely bothered, in team terms, hope they both get well though OBVS.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
In selfish news, I'm glad Ighalo's loan was extended. Proved a serviceable option and it's great to see a fan living out his dream. Also, no spending a ridiculous fee on Josh King.

Pothas

Haha that is great. We always now always use it is the example of people moaning about managers being sacked buy we of course all did it.

Also notice me claiming that Jesus Navas was going to be an excellent signing. Think I had been watching Spanish football for a couple of years and just decided that all La Liga players were really good.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha that is great. We always now always use it is the example of people moaning about managers being sacked buy we of course all did it.

Also notice me claiming that Jesus Navas was going to be an excellent signing. Think I had been watching Spanish football for a couple of years and just decided that all La Liga players were really good.
Haha I remember my take on Navas when he signed - he had barely any goals or assists but he was so fast, fit, and technically good that I was sure they'd find a way to get some end product out of him.

Turned out he just looked far, far better than he really was. IIRC most people didn't even really notice he was bad until like a year and a half into his career when a commentator was like "Navas who has one assist and no goals from his last 40 games..." Proper scout-trap of a player.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbf I just looked and he has 91 assists in his La Liga and PL career which is pretty great. He'd be a wingback or fullback if he arrived on the scene now probably.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I remember calling Navas a discount Jose Reyes on more than one occasion. One of these players who just ran around endlessly

cpr

International Coach
Haha I remember my take on Navas when he signed - he had barely any goals or assists but he was so fast, fit, and technically good that I was sure they'd find a way to get some end product out of him.

Turned out he just looked far, far better than he really was. IIRC most people didn't even really notice he was bad until like a year and a half into his career when a commentator was like "Navas who has one assist and no goals from his last 40 games..." Proper scout-trap of a player.
Did they claim he was still just a youngster?