• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

tony p

First Class Debutant
By the time League 1 make a decision on the season, The THIRD wave of Coronavirus will have hit, don't worry about the Second Wave.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Didn't Navas have an issue with homesickness? Seem to remember him struggling with Spain when he was brilliant at Sevilla.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Premier League is meeting today to discuss how the season ends if it can't be completed. Hmmm, let's see - Liverpool are handed the title - the rest decided by PPG - no relegation. No relegation is allegedly not an option. Like the FA will overrule the Premier League.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
channel 4 is showing the 1966 World Cup Final in full on June 7th. I know we wallow endlessly in this having achieved sod all since but I don't know the significance of the 53 years 10 months and 8 days anniversary.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
channel 4 is showing the 1966 World Cup Final in full on June 7th. I know we wallow endlessly in this having achieved sod all since but I don't know the significance of the 53 years 10 months and 8 days anniversary.
Yeah what kind of a ****ing **** does something fun on a date with no meaningless pattern attached to it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
They’ve decided to allow 5 substitutes to be used but only have three stoppages to make them. I haven’t watched the German football so don’t know if that’s what they’ve done.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have watched the '66 World Cup a couple of times, it is okay if you have no high expectations of it, the pace funereal at times. England really should have been out of sight by the end of normal time.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I remember MNF did a feature on it a while ago. Beckenbauer seemingly played the entire game like Gerrard played the second half against Chelsea in 13/14 after his slip.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha yeah, I remember watching MNF every week when I was still at primary school

probably the peak monday night experiences of my entire life tbh

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It highlights how PPG is nonsense, which is the point.

Sending us down is nothing short of disgraceful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's laughable. Though not quite as laughable as the Ipswich proposal of a 10 team play off - Oh and look, they're 10th.
What is laughable is sending a team down by 0.06 points when their next four games were against the four teams directly above them.

Allowing L2 to have play-offs for our relegation place, despite them voting to end the season, that's laughable.

Wimbledon and Rochdale both getting to vote to send us down in the knowledge we were coming for them, that's laughable.

Had the season lasted one more weekend, the sensible money suggests we'd have had a better PPG than Wimbledon. It's such a ridiculous variable and we are going to be sacrificed on it because we gotta have those play-offs.

At the very minimum we should be allowed to compete in the play-offs. Obviously we'd win them, so nobody wants that.