• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Euro 96 watching has so far only confirmed my opinion that Anderton was turd.
Think that was mainly the opinion at the time, TBH, think he and we were better in '98.

Not a huge fan of 96 nostalgia it was fun, as an England fan, but a decent semi against Germany, and 15 minutes against a painfully weakened Dutch aside, think it's hideously over-rated for us, and some terrible matches in the knock-outs all-round.

Not rewatching, have not done so all lockdown for anything, not my thing, sport is all about the uncertainty of what happens next, don't mind highlights but CBF with this, hopefully won't need to now.

I have watched stuff from 82 and the like in the past, and honestly the main thing that strikes me from then is how little time was played when a cyical side wanted to waste time, and what a godsend the back pass rule is.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This England performance is a bit better than I remembered, had thought it was dead even but England clearly shading it. It’s really not a great Germany team though.

The number of empty seats in matches not involving England was insane. Suggests botched organisation.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****s sake, England out on penalties again!

Looking back, no idea why McManaman nor Anderton didn't take a penalty and Southgate did.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that the Elite European leagues are publishing these highly congested schedules where do the Champions League and Europa League squeeze themselves in

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see the Champions League squeezing in anywhere. If people visiting England have to isolate for two weeks I don't see the Madrid squad heading to Manchester any time soon.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, in the middle of a global pandemic and they still won't admit nobody gives a flying **** about the FA Cup.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also Mike Bassett: England Manager is on.

'we're going to play 4 4 ****ing 2!'
Haha it's honestly such an underrated film. You have to have a decent knowledge of early 90s football in England to get a lot of the gags, but it's genuinely really funny imo. Also surprisingly moving for a film that is ultimately nothing but nonsense.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's quite a strong line up.

Leicester City v Chelsea
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Sheffield United v Arsenal
Norwich City v Manchester United

The aim of the Premier League all along has been to get two more games in so they can crown Liverpool as Champions mathematically, and then scrap relegation and screw the EFL.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It's quite a strong line up.

Leicester City v Chelsea
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Sheffield United v Arsenal
Norwich City v Manchester United

The aim of the Premier League all along has been to get two more games in so they can crown Liverpool as Champions mathematically, and then scrap relegation and screw the EFL.
:ranting: if true