• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brian Clough is said to have punched Nigel Jemson and, hard to believe, Roy Keane.
Keane loved it too.

Very different times though. I'm not sure even Fergie could survive the Beckham boot incident if it happened today.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He loved getting punched? Weirdo.
That's not surprising surely?

It was really common for that generation of players to play their best football in an atmosphere of violent tension. I think it had a sort of cult-initiation-ceremony effect. The psychology of it feels under-explored.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brian Clough is said to have punched Nigel Jemson and, hard to believe, Roy Keane.
He famously cuffed a couple of spectators round the lughole when they invaded the pitch too.

Although that was during the period where, to steal a line, a treble wasn't so much an ambition as a breakfast for the great man.

There was also the C4 documentary about Orient where their manager John Sitton offered out two players at half time, saying something mental like "you can bring a friend and bring your effing dinner", if they chose to take up his offer.

He's apparently a black cab driver now, which seems a good fit for him. temperamentally speaking... :ph34r:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Word on the street is that Pearson was sacked for punching a player.

No idea why Cowley was sacked by Huddersfield though.
If only Athletico Mince's genius was still around

"Do you want a fight? You shall not beat me in a fight because I am a great fighter. If you face me in a fight you will surely lose the fight because I will win the fight using my superior fighting skills"

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Nice end to the EFL season looming tomorrow. If Wigan finish less than 12 points clear of the bottom three they're going down - pending appeal against the points deduction. That will make it very hard for whoever finishes 4th bottom to plan for next season not knowing which division they'll be in.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Back down to Earth then. Holy **** that was diabolical.

Lowest finishing position since 1995 guaranteed.

Niall

International Coach
Utd look knackered especially Bruno. Its Monday Morning quarter backing, but I do wish Ole had done a little more rotation over last few weeks, not as if players like Mata and Fred are that bad ffs.

Regarding Pogba,,,I dunno really. I have defended him previously, but when the team goes into theses lulls he is never the man to bail them out.

Also jury out on Ole again, he probably gets them into the top 4 which at the beginning of the season most would have accepted, but last few games not shown much nous to suggest he is the man to get them any further.