• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like if Barkley was interested in reaching the next level he'd have signed for Spurs a month ago. Clearly he just wants the money- which is fine, I'm not judging his priorities- but in that case Spurs aren't the place to go and nobody else seems interested.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Has he improved at all in the last 3 years? On the occasions I've seen him he doesn't look any better than the 2014 WC version.

Maybe not being an automatic selection is what he needs to progress.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Going the game tonight, the mighty Fleetwood are bringing their fringe players to prenton park

What have I become

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I see the Premier League is cracking down on illegal streams while still making you pay about 50 quid to watch a third of the games.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see the Premier League is cracking down on illegal streams while still making you pay about 50 quid to watch a third of the games.
Their business model is one massive bet on being able to stop it. My money's on the internet finding a way round whatever they do. It always has before.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It was good back in May when there was no Test Cricket coinciding with the football season. Now with the season starting again there are still four Test Matches to be played. Playing Test Cricket in mid-September is even more stupid than early May.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Wonderful stuff. Shame we didn't get Verratti saying he had PSG DNA or a PSG shirt put on him during international duty, but the tears of Barca fans alone will do. #Notbitter

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Apparently Matuidi becomes available dirt cheap in an attempt to balance the books assuming UEFA don't **** the bed enforcing FFP.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Still an age for them to find a way to flub the books to make it to reasonably even, pretty sure they've got until the end of the season. Even then, FFP doesn't really exist and isn't enforced in any meaningful way.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Apparently Matuidi becomes available dirt cheap in an attempt to balance the books assuming UEFA don't **** the bed enforcing FFP.
I'm too tired of sport politics, but are there really anyone left at UEFA HQ who has the power/credibility combination to enforce FFP now? It was Platini's baby and he was unceremoniously dumped.

...ah beaten by dcye

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All FFP seems to be doing is give clubs like Chelsea an excuse to make swinging deals down the Leagues, so they can make, for them peanuts on deals, which could meann huge differences to smaller clubs. We're still in contracted, probaby pricey, talks with them over Ampadu. FFS just give us 4 million, you get one of the most higly-rated young footballers in British football, you'll make money anyway when you transfer him, it's just a pointless excercise, for them to glean an extra months wages for one of their lesser stars, maybe not even that.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not really sure how it works but they're going to give the money to Neymar who is going to pay his own release clause.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not really sure how it works but they're going to give the money to Neymar who is going to pay his own release clause.
If Neymar shows up at La Liga's offices with €222m then he can buy out his Barcelona contract and effectively become a free agent.

I expect the Qatari government to announce he's an ambassador for the 2022 World Cup and his fee to coincidentally be in the region of €222m.