• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Today was just brilliant.

Never thought I would see Brentford play football quite that good, the contrast to what we were watching 4 or 5 years ago is just ridiculous.
Amazing what the difference of constant money-injections from sky will do, oh I'm not bitter......

Pothas

To be fair money-injections from Mr Benham have certainly played a huge part, I won't pretend otherwise, but there has been such a deliberate change of style to go with it.

Selling Forshaw has also gone a long way to covering the costs of the players we brought in this summer and I am sure it will be a similar story next year.

In other news you have got to love Real, two defeats already.

grecian

To be fair money-injections from Mr Benham have certainly played a huge part, I won't pretend otherwise, but there has been such a deliberate change of style to go with it.

Selling Forshaw has also gone a long way to covering the costs of the players we brought in this summer and I am sure it will be a similar story next year.

In other news you have got to love Real, two defeats already.
Bleh, bleh, bleh, give me more money to suck of Murdochs teet to success.

Real are fun, I likie their persistence for flashy players over an actual team.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
With that **** on a stick football, would really like Villa to get relegated. Would save us dropping points too.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
United a diamond today apparently. Lineup could still be 3 at the back but diamond makes sense as otherwise they wouldn't have a proper DM.

cpr

International Coach
Brother in law is an ardent Liverpool (despite being on Evertons books as a teen...). Says Gerrard is spent now and will hold Liverpool back this year if you keep faith with him. Reckons he's now too immobile to sit between defence and midfield, and the team can't afford to carry him. Be interesting to hear other peoples opinions on that as I do tend to take on board his opinions on football

Meanwhile, season starts today, can't wait!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting statoid in today's Observer. Costa is the first player to score in his first four Prem games since 1992.

Any guesses as to who was the last?

grecian

Interesting statoid in today's Observer. Costa is the first player to score in his first four Prem games since 1992.

Any guesses as to who was the last?
I know the answer, 'He's fat, he's round, he's worth a million pound'.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Every United game so far this season has been televised. Same for Liverpool. Boring.
Liverpool have at least played some decent sides though. With United it's just televising the side who came 7th last year playing sides that finished below 7th.