• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was a really average Olympiakos side too. United were just awful. Whose idea was it that Chris Smalling is a RB, anyway? Could develop into a decent CB but kid's never a full-back.

Love how the commentator commented on the amount Rooney has played at CM lately. It's basically his go-to role for Moyes whenever United are losing after 65. So, yeah, he's played it a lot.
There's a chance I'm making this up but I think he used to stick him there quite often for Everton too

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I think they obviously need new players, if only to replace Giggs, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra, who are all leaving.

But holy jesus, the thought of Moyes being given the chequebook at such a crucial time for the club. It'll set us back years. Fans of every other club should be praying he keeps his job.
Good luck replacing Vidic and Ferdinand.

What the ****'s happened to Phil Jones btw?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good little Twitter debate that.

Totally agree with Cabinet about how the solution is not just to throw your chequebook at various players. Of course, United need new players (a couple of midfielders and some defenders would be pretty nice) yet serious questions need to be asked of Moyes.

In other hilarious news, Celtic lose their first league game of the season, and somewhat coincidentally, Neil Lennon has his first moan about referees for the season.
This is an interesting way to not care about Celtic

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Imagine RvP has been on the blower to his agent already.

We all know ManU have a massive debt to "service", with the likely prospect of no CL to fill the coffers and none of the dead wood likely to attract much of a fee they could find themselves in queer street pretty soon.

Tragic, obvz.
The debt is under control. Payments are down to 20m a year. Peanuts to a club of United's stature. The real worry is failing to get as much as possible out of the new merchandising deal with Nike/Adidas and prolonged absence of the CL.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
It was a really average Olympiakos side too. United were just awful. Whose idea was it that Chris Smalling is a RB, anyway? Could develop into a decent CB but kid's never a full-back.

Love how the commentator commented on the amount Rooney has played at CM lately. It's basically his go-to role for Moyes whenever United are losing after 65. So, yeah, he's played it a lot.
Would rather see one of the reserve side RBs out there than having to put up with Smalling, Jones and Valencia there. Barely gave Fabio a chance and then persists with that rubbish.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's a chance I'm making this up but I think he used to stick him there quite often for Everton too
I'd rather he started Rooney at CM sometimes. Rooney and Van Persie have linked up spectacularly badly this season, and it gets Januzaj, Kagawa or Welbeck in the team instead of Cleverley. We tend to improve after he makes the change too.

It's worth a try.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah I've no idea. No one else uses a CB as a makeshift full back. Get a youth player in, or use an energetic midfield player. Even Cleverley might be better, and my god he was awful tonight, but not even as bad as Smalling.
Am I missing the irony there, 'cos Smalling has played RB for England too?

Was gash, like, but undeniably was at least positioned (after a fashion) at full back.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Hmmm interesting odds movement on Moyes next manager out. Gone from 11/1 to 11/8 overnight. I'm getting hopeful.

EDIT: Now drifting again, ffs. Still come in a lot though overall in one night.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't see him being there at the start of next season. Think it would still be a very attractive job for an ambitious manager, still a massive club, a new squad to build and expectations in the first year would not be massive.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another great goal from Bale there. Pretty ruthless performance from Madrid so far. This must surely be the worst last 16 round ever? Everything's sorted after the first leg, except arguably the United game which is only really a playoff for 8th place anyway.

Pothas

Yeah but it will be worth it for the quarters, going to have 7 top sides which you don't always get.

Pothas

Ronaldo was always going to get his goal, definetly think Real are the most likely to stop Bayern.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not really sure what to think of Madrid this season. Incredible on the attack at times, but they still look vulnerable at the back at times. A more clinical side than Schalke could've got a couple today. Though I suppose it matters little if they're going to score four every game.

Pothas

They are getting better as the season goes on. Even if they rarely produce a complete team perfromance they just have a ridiculous amount of individual quality.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Kind of sad that Isco hasn't got more of a go in recent months. Ancelotti's desire to get Bale and Di Maria in the same line up and subsequent switch to a 4-3-3 has downsides.