• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
**** that is such an important goal for our season. I mean we're certainties for mid-table mediocrity but in the grander scheme of things, especially for Pardew.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is done, you can't see any of Spurs, United or Everton putting the sort of run together needed to put those above under any pressure.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The current top four have been obviously the best four teams for most of the season. Even when Spurs+United were sort-of keeping pace they were playing much worse while scraping by, and Everton never had the squad for it.

Even a major implosion and improvement in one of the other teams probably wouldn't be enough now.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Weirdest season though. I mean, we're in the Top Four. ;) Just feels good to have that buffer. Probably more worried about United, which says something.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Tbh every time I look at our fixtures remaining I instinctively think that they don't look the worst, then I remember that this season things are totally different and that we've already lost at home to West Brom so West Brom away is hardly a gimme.

Think our form between now and the end of the season is the hardest to call tbh, because on paper we have an OK run-in but you never know with us now. Wouldn't surprise me if we finish the season reasonably but by the same token it wouldn't surprise me if we continue our abject form.

Uppercut

Tbh every time I look at our fixtures remaining I instinctively think that they don't look the worst, then I remember that this season things are totally different and that we've already lost at home to West Brom so West Brom away is hardly a gimme.

Think our form between now and the end of the season is the hardest to call tbh, because on paper we have an OK run-in but you never know with us now. Wouldn't surprise me if we finish the season reasonably but by the same token it wouldn't surprise me if we continue our abject form.
I don't think it really matters, but I doubt our form will change much. Still struggling to turn pressure into goals and vulnerable at the back.

It's all about the CL now. And beating Liverpool and Citeh.

Uppercut

You can get Zenit at 4/1 to beat Dortmund at home. All over that. Dortmund are missing half their team and aren't that great this season anyway.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You can get Zenit at 4/1 to beat Dortmund at home. All over that. Dortmund are missing half their team and aren't that great this season anyway.
Yeah I'd go for 2-1 to Zenit or 2-2. Definitely good value for that. Imagine that Zenit are one of those sides who are horrible to play at when you go to their ground.

Even last year Dortmund only won one away game out of 6 in the CL as well.

Last edited:

Pothas

Zenit not played a real game for a while though have they and whenever I have seen them, which is admittedly about twice, they have been kind of rubbish.

Uppercut

Ha yeah not my best ever bet. Zenit are shocking, seem incapable of moving at over 2mph. Like watching Craggy Island Over-75s.

grecian

As much as I think Moyes isn't up to the job, I still hate sudden revisionism. People are saying that a Fergie side wouldn't be as dull, but I seem to remember inthe last few years he set them up to be stifling in Europe often, and in big away matches a lot too.

Needed a goal, but not sure it's made it that more interesting.