• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Things that grind my gears:

Commentators sounding amazed that full backs are creative forces. Have they been asleep for the last 10 years or do they just not understand football? (given that my ire is directed at Townsend that question might be redundant.)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Still reckon they'll make it through. This is one of those scenarios that 2-legged football throws up - an early goal, get the crowd behind you and United could wipe the floor with Olympiakos at Old Trafford.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Problem with that is the early goal part. Yeah an early goal and I can see us going through but an early goal is pretty far from a given. In fact I'd say it's pretty unlikely.

Eds

International Debutant
It was a really average Olympiakos side too. United were just awful. Whose idea was it that Chris Smalling is a RB, anyway? Could develop into a decent CB but kid's never a full-back.

Love how the commentator commented on the amount Rooney has played at CM lately. It's basically his go-to role for Moyes whenever United are losing after 65. So, yeah, he's played it a lot.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That Van Persie miss will be vital. United might get two or three goals, but if Olympiakos get just one at OT it's done.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Good little Twitter debate that.

Totally agree with Cabinet about how the solution is not just to throw your chequebook at various players. Of course, United need new players (a couple of midfielders and some defenders would be pretty nice) yet serious questions need to be asked of Moyes.

In other hilarious news, Celtic lose their first league game of the season, and somewhat coincidentally, Neil Lennon has his first moan about referees for the season.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was a really average Olympiakos side too. United were just awful. Whose idea was it that Chris Smalling is a RB, anyway? Could develop into a decent CB but kid's never a full-back.
Yeah I've no idea. No one else uses a CB as a makeshift full back. Get a youth player in, or use an energetic midfield player. Even Cleverley might be better, and my god he was awful tonight, but not even as bad as Smalling.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good little Twitter debate that.

Totally agree with Cabinet about how the solution is not just to throw your chequebook at various players. Of course, United need new players (a couple of midfielders and some defenders would be pretty nice) yet serious questions need to be asked of Moyes.

In other hilarious news, Celtic lose their first league game of the season, and somewhat coincidentally, Neil Lennon has his first moan about referees for the season.
Yeah I think they obviously need new players, if only to replace Giggs, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra, who are all leaving.

But holy jesus, the thought of Moyes being given the chequebook at such a crucial time for the club. It'll set us back years. Fans of every other club should be praying he keeps his job.