• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Speaking with a few mates last night, both reds and none, and key points agreed upon:

1. This game could be 6 or 7 nil and it wouldn't be a shock
2. It shows you how bad Moyes' United have been that they are below Tottenham

Biggest team of FTBs the prem has ever seen, just absolutely bottle it against any good side
Nah we are rubbish but us being below them is just an accident of the league table not always telling you who is the better side. Rubbish we may be but we are better than Spurs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah we are rubbish but us being below them is just an accident of the league table not always telling you who is the better side. Rubbish we may be but we are better than Spurs.
You've lost more games to crap sides than them I guess, consistency the big problem for United this season. My point really though is it shows your season has been **** because Tottenham, Furball was right about them. He was wrong about everything else but he got that right.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He was wrong about everything else but he got that right.
:D

I got Liverpool wrong. They've just been so so so much better than I thought they'd be. I had them down as challenging for a top 4 spot, and that was based on a) the fact that I thought they'd improve and b) the belief that there was absolutely no way in hell that Man Utd could be managed as badly as Moyes has managed.

Kudos to Rodgers and the players for the improvement vs the last couple of seasons, and the improvement in the 2nd half of this season.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We'll probably finish ahead of Spurs but we're more or less on par with them. Both absolutely awful.

Uppercut

Glen Johnson's had a good game, one more than any other English RB this season so probably enough to make him first choice for Brazil.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We'll probably finish ahead of Spurs but we're more or less on par with them. Both absolutely awful.
Yeah when people go on about the strength in depth of the Premier League it's worth pointing out that Spurs have managed to amass 56 points.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Nah Spurs are just clearly worse than United. They are where they are because they've beaten everyone below them by the odd goal whilst not playing well, often fortuitously. After today they will have a negative goal difference, which is incredibly bad when you think about it. United are obviously toss but not that toss. Even at our worst this season (and there are many games to pick from) we haven't been as bad as Spurs have in this match for instance, and this probably isn't the worst they've played.

We have obviously done our fair share of beating lower teams whilst not okaying well and often fortuitously, but we have played acceptably more often than Spurs have.

Last edited:

Uppercut

I wonder where they'd be if Adebayor hadn't come out of his cave for a few months and won them a bunch of games. Soldado is just absolutely hopeless, easily the worst signing of the season.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** me I dunno what was put in my drink at lunchtime - I've just woken up and lost 30 years looking at that table - wondering if I go into the bathroom and look in the mirror whether I might have a full head of hair again

Scaly piscine

CDMs fans looking over their shoulder for that 4th CL spot yet?

Granted the CDMs have a piss easy run-in, particularly compared to Everton, but they are at Goodison Park next.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I wonder where they'd be if Adebayor hadn't come out of his cave for a few months and won them a bunch of games. Soldado is just absolutely hopeless, easily the worst signing of the season.
Between him and Fellaini I reckon.

Doesn't say a lot for my predictions though, iirc I said I thought they'd both go ok.

On the above point I would say that Utd are definitely better than Spurs, though there's probably not a lot in it.

Pothas

Lamela as well although they may be a little harsh as he been injured most of the season.

Yeah I got Soldado totally wrong, I always thought he was excellent for Valencia.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Most of Spurs' signings have been completely underwhelming actually. Paulinho being another notable example. He's not "failed", as such, but hasn't really done anything.

Pothas

Started well didn't he but not done anything for a few months, again has had some injuries though. He is certainly a player that they should be keen to keep hold of, unlike a fair few of the others.

Will be interesting to see what happens to him with Brazil, is very much first choice but how many people that watch the Premiership would have him over Fernandinho?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lamela as well although they may be a little harsh as he been injured most of the season.

Yeah I got Soldado totally wrong, I always thought he was excellent for Valencia.
He was but he was never a £25m striker in a million years.

If they weren't practically bankrupt I reckon Valencia would still be laughing about it just now.

Uppercut

Rumours going round that Sherwood punched Michael Dawson in the Spurs dressing room after the game today :laugh:

grecian

If Tim Sherwood has punched Michael Dawson, that's terrible. It's not like Dawson can defend himself.

Stolen off Twitter btw.