• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Admittedly The Sun and Liverpool FC have previous, but this caught my eye:

The Super Soaraway said:
Adeyemi was walking back into position after a tackle when a supporter wearing a Luis Suarez T-shirt is alleged to have shouted disgusting racist insults.
Does make one wonder if the more ****witted sections of those cheeky, loveable, etc Scousers are using the perceived injustice to give reign to their less appealing prejudices.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Admittedly The Sun and Liverpool FC have previous, but this caught my eye:

Does make one wonder if the more ****witted sections of those cheeky, loveable, etc Scousers are using the perceived injustice to give reign to their less appealing prejudices.
Would say it's inevitable tbh. Don't know about you guys, but I hear racism at every match I ever go to, so if something like that happens to us I can hardly imagine how it would turn out.

Worth noting that I sit in the ****head section of Prenton Park, and it's always the same 2 or 3 people, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn it's the same at lots of clubs, because the thing about football is that it attracts most elements of society, including the bottom of the barrel.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also worth noting that I am currently boycotting Prenton park until i pass my driving test. Not their fault it took me all these years to do it but I'll be ****ed if I'm paying £20 to watch us roll over when I've got all these other learning to drive expenses.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Oh, I have. Let me clarify: one of the worst football days out of all time.

The current top three:
Exeter 0-0 Carlisle, 9 October 2004
Chester 0-0 Exeter, 21 February 2009
Swindon 0-0 Exeter, 29 January 2011

Sadly, there's part of me that would take a repeat of any of the above games, all of which I believe totalled two shots on target between them.
Slightly better at half time, but still no sign of any quality in the final third of the box at either end. However, both teams have dodgy defences, midfields that seem conspicuous only by their absence, and also seem to be trying to score, so I would be surprised to see this end goalless, regardless of how **** both sides are.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would say it's inevitable tbh. Don't know about you guys, but I hear racism at every match I ever go to, so if something like that happens to us I can hardly imagine how it would turn out.

Worth noting that I sit in the ****head section of Prenton Park, and it's always the same 2 or 3 people, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn it's the same at lots of clubs, because the thing about football is that it attracts most elements of society, including the bottom of the barrel.
Worst experience of this sort for mine was when I was sat amongst Everton fans. Don't often hear many racist chants from most fans I've been sat with, but this incident was really appalling. Strangely enough it was addressed at other sections of the crowd rather than the players though. All ended amusingly mind you, the person I was sat with was an off-duty police officer who reported the culprit to the on-duty officers at the game who then arrested him.

Other than this I've not had many bad experiences at matches. The worst thing I ever seem to come across is really foul language. Not really any skin of my nose, but I feel bad when a Dad/Mum with young kids has to sit next to some idiot who thinks he can behave like a complete **** because "he's so passionate about his team".

Oh, and I saw Burnley fans totally ransack a pub in Watford once, that was pretty bad.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I should clarify, it's not racist chanting but shouts from individuals that I am referring to.

Earlier this season, a Sheffield United striker, who happened to be black, fouled Ian Goodison, centre-back for us who is also black. Cue a shout from behind me, "**** off, get off him you dirty n*****!" The irony seems to be missed on these people.

(mods, hope this isn't considered filter abuse, point of the post is kinda lost without the n)

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sorry, should have clarified. When I say chant I mean shouts from individuals/small groups of people. Fortunately I've never experienced full on racist chanting firsthand.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I did witness a large portion of our fans singing 'England, England, England' away at Bradford once. Not racist in itself but the motive behind it is pretty obvious if you've ever been to Bradford.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Can honestly say I have never heard anything like that at Brentford, there have been some idiotic kids who have apparently been involved in the EDL but am nowhere near them in the ground.

Anyway sounds like we are in a pretty good game right now, is one we really need to win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair enough. The thing about Wirral is that it's one of the whitest populations in England. This means we've no reason for any racial tensions but I guess it results in some intolerant kids because they still see black/asian people as from another planet.

Not defending it btw, find it really embarassing and I would say we have some of the lowest IQs in the country following us. Our support has always been a split between the posh and scummy areas of Wirral.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can honestly say I have never heard anything like that at Brentford, there have been some idiotic kids who have apparently been involved in the EDL but am nowhere near them in the ground.

Anyway sounds like we are in a pretty good game right now, is one we really need to win.
Haven't heard anything at City for years, I remember one bloke doing it about five years ago, and everyone just gave him filthy looks, so much better than when I started going to football.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well that got rather better in the last 20".

Never a penalty, which they promptly missed, revitalised the City support, we scored two. Breathing space above the drop zone now...