• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Am now trying to think of what the most outrageous/stupid chants I've heard at football matches have been...and can't really think of anything particularly bad....

"Lee Hughes is a murderer" was one of the more memorable ones I heard whilst watching Reading, which at the time seemed pretty dodgy to me, though in hindsight it was perhaps not that bad.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am now trying to think of what the most outrageous/stupid chants I've heard at football matches have been...and can't really think of anything particularly bad....

"Lee Hughes is a murderer" was one of the more memorable ones I heard whilst watching Reading, which at the time seemed pretty dodgy to me, though in hindsight it was perhaps not that bad.
Oh, the most disgusting, I heard was "where's your rowers gone", at Argyle-city in 1993, which pertained to this story , still the best day of my life though:unsure:

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Worst chant I've heard in a ground was "Where's your daughter gone?" (to the tune of Middle of the Road's shyte-pop 70s unclassic Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep) to the recently bereaved father Bryan Gunn by Ipswich Town fans.

fredfertang

.... the worst is from those ****ers at Elland Road, yet they still wonder why everyone hates them ...

Who's that dying on the runway?
Who's that dying in the snow?
It's Matt Busby and his boys
making such a ****ing noise
coz they can't get their aeroplane to go

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Worst chant I've heard in a ground was "Where's your daughter gone?" (to the tune of Middle of the Road's shyte-pop 70s unclassic Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep) to the recently bereaved father Bryan Gunn by Ipswich Town fans.
:-O That is pretty shocking. Can't think of much worse.

Pothas

Did not pay much attention to the cup today but watching highlights now and blimey there were some good goals.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jordan Rhodes.
Kid has an eye for goal, no doubt. My Ipswich-affliliated mates are all savage they let him go for basically nothing now. Wonder how much longer he'll be with The Terriers for too.

Anyway, Liverpool are apparently very pleased there's been an arrest in the Adeyemi abuse case. They know which name to put on the tee-shirts now. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sign of desperation? Don't believe for one second that it was Scholes who approached whisky breath

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scholes (if he's at similar standard to last season) is still going to be a better option than Cleverley & Anderson, IMHO. Fletcher's ****ed for the season, so currently Man U's best CM players are Giggs and Rooney.