• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It reminds me a lot of that time Riise stooped down headed the ball into his own net for Liverpool in the Champions League that time. It makes you wonder what Jones was actually attempting to do here, surely he could have just booted it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
It reminds me a lot of that time Riise stooped down headed the ball into his own net for Liverpool in the Champions League that time. It makes you wonder what Jones was actually attempting to do here, surely he could have just booted it.
Or left it alone and let it...ah no never mind Lindegaard was in goal.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Speaks a man who's never been to Coventry, obvz.
Oh, I have. Let me clarify: one of the worst football days out of all time.

The current top three:
Exeter 0-0 Carlisle, 9 October 2004
Chester 0-0 Exeter, 21 February 2009
Swindon 0-0 Exeter, 29 January 2011

Sadly, there's part of me that would take a repeat of any of the above games, all of which I believe totalled two shots on target between them.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Lol, "failed to adapt seamlessly". Truthfully I don't think anyone in the league has a worse first-choice keeper and he's probably behind more than a few Championship keepers too.

Pros:
-Cost lots of money
-Rumoured to have been a good keeper once upon a time in a faraway land where keeping requires an entirely different skillset
-Has "potential", in the same way that anyone anywhere can get better at anything
-Good on FIFA
-Reasonably nice hair

Cons:
-At around the same level when handling crosses as a fully-committed Margaret Thatcher
-Frequently makes huge mistakes in all other areas of the game- see Charity Shield, West Brom, Benfica, Basle, just off the top of my head
-Is terrible at playing the ball out from the back, completely contrary to what everyone was expecting
-Can't speak English and hence has zero ability to organise the defence

You don't half talk some **** when it comes to United roseboy but at least you give the occasional good excuse for a rant.
I'm just going to assume you're on a wum here.

roseboy64

It's staggering, in this age of PR spin and all, that a team can be so utterly naive in their dealings with the gentlemen (& ladies) of the fourth estate.

Have made themselves look like absolute amateurs and complete arseholes to boot.
Agreed. Wouldn't be surprised if it encouraged the idiot at the match who was hurling abuse.

roseboy64

Not getting this Valencia at Right Back lark, either let Rafael get a good run and used to the Prem, or buy someone to play there
Rafael's been at the club since 2008. He's used to it by now.

Really can't understand it myself either. For mine Valencia is a far more threatening midfielder than Nani is, and Rafael is reasonable at full-back. Better than Valencia in any case. Thought Valencia may even have been lucky to get away with not picking up a second yellow for persistent fouling actually. Was probably his 5th or 6th by the time the ref booked him, and he went on to make another 3 or 4 after that.
Can only think it's been he's been so injury prone they're not rushing him back.