• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Catalan radio reporting that Cesc has instructed his agent to thrash out a deal with Barcelona, according to reports on my Twitter feed.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never seen jenks play but the other two will be good defenders. Is Jenks any good?
Yes, he could be from stuff I've heard. Yet I see Arsenals fans frustration at buying another for the future. Arse need Samba or Cahill IMHO. Not very original, I know.

I don't get Smalling at all, his positional sense is non-existent, Jones as never struck me as being any good either, but haven't seen a lot of him.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We've spent 55m on Carroll and Henderson this year.

Absolutely crazy stuff. Both very unproven and there is no need to take such expensive risks. At best they'll be worth their fees and at worst we'll have wasted a ****load of money.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We've spent 55m on Carroll and Henderson this year.

Absolutely crazy stuff. Both very unproven and there is no need to take such expensive risks. At best they'll be worth their fees and at worst we'll have wasted a ****load of money.
Welcome to the world of the 25 man squad and the homegrown rule. Any halfway decent English player will go for stupid money now.

cpr

International Coach
If we go for Rodwell too we'll have a damn strong monopoly on Englands youth talent there.

Just need to prize Wilshire away :p

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yes, he could be from stuff I've heard. Yet I see Arsenals fans frustration at buying another for the future. Arse need Samba or Cahill IMHO. Not very original, I know.

I don't get Smalling at all, his positional sense is non-existent, Jones as never struck me as being any good either, but haven't seen a lot of him.
What? O.o Jones isn't just hype. He's performed well. Henderson hasn't really impressed me though. Smalling's done well plus he's only what 20? Jones just 19 also. Jones and Smalling have acquitted themselves well so far in the Prem.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
If we go for Rodwell too we'll have a damn strong monopoly on Englands youth talent there.

Rodwell seems meh to me. He's obviously got quality but he was mediocre last season. Would cost far too much for a risk. If he was going for around 15m he'd be a worthy buy for any team but would cost too much someone who doesn't have a position yet and wasn't good last season having had a few injuries.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno if he's what we need. Although that said, Vidic has looked past his best this season.
Really? Was Manure's best player for mine and how many would Barca have scored if Vidic didn't play at Wembley?

Jones is a top signing though. Not worth the figure quoted as if Nelsen is fit, Jones doesn't play but if Henderson is going for 20, then Jones is a steal. Hope he works out better than Berg and May.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, he could be from stuff I've heard. Yet I see Arsenals fans frustration at buying another for the future.
Well Jones would've been equally that IMO, so better to spend that sort of cash on a proper centre back who can lead the line - the question now is if Arsene will actually do that or not.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really? Was Manure's best player for mine and how many would Barca have scored if Vidic didn't play at Wembley?
Yeah, definitely. A couple of major refereeing balls-ups were all that saved him from missing half the season through suspension. He put in a good shift against Barca but he also completely stood off Messi for his goal. He was generally much better in the Champions League than in the Premiership, though.

Van Der Sar was by far our best player this season, ftr.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Or Alternatively hope for Morrison to get away from his off field problems and mature.

He is pretty much in the same class.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, definitely. A couple of major refereeing balls-ups were all that saved him from missing half the season through suspension. He put in a good shift against Barca but he also completely stood off Messi for his goal. He was generally much better in the Champions League than in the Premiership, though.

Van Der Sar was by far our best player this season, ftr.
Evra was supposed to track Messi inside and failed to do so for that goal and he took the shot very quickly with a low backlift.
For the first goal it was the opposite and Evra was sucked inside and thus failed to track on the outside.
Harsh to blame Vidic for either. Infact it is like blaming VDS for the second goal.

He was one of our better players on the night and Evra was so poor on his side that he also had to cover for him and Barcelona were targetting that side.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That's out-Rosing Rose in the completely over-rating players stakes.
Have you seen much of Ravel Morrison?

He probably would have been involved in a larger capacity with the first team had not been for his off field problems.

Dominated the youth cup this season and outplayed Mceachran in the Semi's.
Has been pretty good for the reserves too and Rio has been singing his praises on Twitter etc..

Both the Times and Telegraph(i think Daniel Taylor at Guardian too) ,have previously called him the most gifted upcoming teenager in the country.

The only thing that would stop him from becoming a top player is that he seems to have big off field issues like Mafia ,Robbery,Assault etc..

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Jones would've been equally that IMO, so better to spend that sort of cash on a proper centre back who can lead the line - the question now is if Arsene will actually do that or not.

Yeah, I quite liked Miquel when I saw him, called up to Spain's under-21 wasn't he, so the youth quota is filled up? I Agree I think Arsene needs a ready-made player for C-H. Yet you never know with Arsene, after all Vermaelens fit now.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Evra was supposed to track Messi inside and failed to do so for that goal and he took the shot very quickly with a low backlift.
For the first goal it was the opposite and Evra was sucked inside and thus failed to track on the outside.
Harsh to blame Vidic for either. Infact it is like blaming VDS for the second goal.

He was one of our better players on the night and Evra was so poor on his side that he also had to cover for him and Barcelona were targetting that side.
He completely stood off Lionel Messi and let him have a shot. That's a huge mistake. And if he hadn't done it, the goal might not have been scored.

Dunno why you started ranting about Evra.