• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Messi took the shot pretty quickly though with a very low backlift which put off VDS too. Just see his reaction after the goal.

Also Evra was the one who in the first place while tracking him gave the free space to Messi.
If Vidic had commited too much to closing him down too quickly Messi could have dribbled him or passed to Villa/Pedro in behind after sucking both Vidic and Evra in.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Who gives a **** about all this Prem ****, Dale Jennings is still a white. How long til the transfer window closes?????

Calling it now, the Whites are going up, now someone start a new thread because this season was ****

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who gives a **** about all this Prem ****, Dale Jennings is still a white. How long til the transfer window closes?????

Calling it now, the Whites are going up, now someone start a new thread because this season was ****
Traditionally when the fixture-list is out isn't it?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah unless some cider-loving **** wants to celebrate being back in the league anyway

I was just whingeing for a change

grecian

Yeah unless some cider-loving **** wants to celebrate being back in the league anyway

I was just whingeing for a change
I prefer Stella, TBH.

City are looking good, I've suddenly realized that Harley isn't a ginger god, and is actually a carrott-headed ugg-boot wearing ponce.

Most of our best players have signed, and we're looking to improve on last seasons placing, just outside the play-offs. Sercs, Dunne and Nardiello to be immense next year.

Quietly confident.:cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We gave Les Parry a new contract and he announced his job is to keep us up again. Oh joy.

cpr

International Coach
Or Alternatively hope for Morrison to get away from his off field problems and mature.

He is pretty much in the same class.

He's bloody lucky TBH, could easily be shipped out. Has happened to a number of decent youngsters. Haven't seen anything of him yet, but he needs to ship up or **** off IMO. He needs to have a word with a few of our previous players who have learnt the hard way what happens to those who fall foul of the rules. However he does come accross as a complete little runt at the moment.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
We have given him so much rope is because he is really really talented.

A lesser player would have been shipped out already .
Bit similar to how Sir Alex kind of forgave the Nuisance Rooney created wrt Transfer Request/Contract .Don't think he would have done that with most players.

Hopefully some sense is knocked into him now he is on the fringes of the first team.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
United seem to be after Nasri according to a few reports and sources and now reports coming up that Liverpool have bid for Clichy already.

Arsenal are Dismantling ?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Re: The Champions League Final, pretty much most of the team was off. Tactics were wrong and Evra was bad.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The team was off because Barca were so good. It didn't matter what you did, Barxca would have won. And that's not an ABU comment, just how it is.

grecian

United seem to be after Nasri according to a few reports and sources and now reports coming up that Liverpool have bid for Clichy already.

If they get rid of Clichy for 5 million ,Arsenal have done well, one of the reasons for the trophyless time, IMHO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Wenger dismantling his squad wouldn't be the worst thing tbh, the squad don't have the mentality to win trophies.

duffer

Heh, someone's getting back on the bottle then? But seriously, you couldn't doubt GG was the best defensive coach we've ever had but his overall management of the club and committment to this principles lag far behind. Sorry Tone, you should've just called Nasri and Bendtner ****s if you wanted to get attention.

Oh and this could be a big weekend

duffer

Wenger dismantling his squad wouldn't be the worst thing tbh, the squad don't have the mentality to win trophies.
Yeah, except the competition for top level replacements is higher than ever and our pulling power is diminishing by the season. City will be in for any top player, United for any top midfielder and Liverpool and Chelsea will be in the mix anyways. For such a visionary manager this is a helluva place to be in. Will him luck getting out of this.

Also with Bendtner, Denilson, Clichy and possibly Cesc out that's 4 "homegrown" players out of the squad. Let's see how he goes about replacing them, Jenkins was an obvious one to make up the numbers, he might have to go for Cahill now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So the Daily Mail and my Facebook feed are telling me Dale Jennings really is on his way to Bayern. :(

I need a more reliable source!

I hope we're getting enough money to build a solid League One side. But I imagine it will only be six figures.

****, he'll be bought by a top 4 club for ten times what Bayern pay us in about five years. And he'll play for England.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, Big Tone's managerial career so far shows he has a tight grasp of what's needed to cut it in the big league.

I used to have a lot of time for the late Mr Graham, but he broke up one of the best midfields we ever had in Limpar, Thomas, Davis & Rocastle and attempted to replace then with the likes of Ian Selley, Eddie McGoldrick, David Hillier & Steve Morrow. Frankly, given his subsequent conviction for receiving a bung, one wonders if all the moves were entirely based on footballing merit.