• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh come on, there are far worse in the division than those two, have you forgoten that marvelous fellow Jemaine Pennant (you know he would have been the first Henry if Wenger had been a good manager)
Haha oh yeah I remember that interview, though I think he actually claimed he would have been the first Rooney had Wenger not be rubbish. What an idiot, nice to see that his career has flopped since leaving Arsenal as well, can't say I'm sad about that either. Thought it was funny to see him heavily linked with Real Madrid throughout the January transfer window, baffling to say the least.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cisse and El Hadj Diouf also worth a mention although they are so obviously and comically awful that I have never really been able to really hate either with any conviction

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Diouf has been known to spit at fans hasn't he, what a nice guy

Jamie Carragher up there as well IMO

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Diouf has been known to spit at fans hasn't he, what a nice guy
Not to mention the whole "accepting a police caution for twatting his missus" thing. Heck of a nice guy.

Still behind Bellamy in the "See You Next Time" stakes tho. Now Barton's technically a Championship player (pauses to smile), he'd get my vote.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Didn't Diouf spit at the fans who were calling him a <racist term>? That's what I thought.

No denying he's a **** though.
Think there have been a several spitting incidents tbh, the fact that he was diving in an FA cup match against Yeovil (of all people, ffs) further lowers him in my opinion.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I like Richards at right back, think he has the tools to do well defensively at the highest level (huge, strong, fast), and we really don't need him to get forward anyway. Apparently we're hot on Kolo, Lescott and Upson, not sure that they're top quality but they're proven Premier League performers and all regulars in national squads, so I'd take that.

If we lined up next season along the lines of:

Given
Richards-Kolo-Lescott-Bridge
de Jong
Ireland-Barry
Tevez-Eto'o-Robinho

We'd push up the table for sure. I reckon Eto'o might struggle in the Prem though, so you never know.
We'll clearly Eto'o wont leave Barca, but why do you reckon he would struggle in the Prem. It would think it would be the opposite & he would flourish...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We'll clearly Eto'o wont leave Barca, but why do you reckon he would struggle in the Prem. It would think it would be the opposite & he would flourish...
Hmmm, dunno, I could see him leaving tbh, though like you I doubt he would flop in the premiership, that said I don't neccesarily think he would flourish either.

cpr

International Coach
TBH, didnt exactly stuggle against 'The Premierships best defensive duo' (tm) on a wednesday night in Rome......

Craig

World Traveller
If we are looking at *****, can we include the CL semi and put Drogba, Ballack, and Bosingwa in the list as well? Then again I have always considered Drogba to be a ****. Adebayor as well, just hurry up and sign for AC Milan.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
^Heh.

Also, watching Brazil last night, Melo looked soooooo Young Gilberto. Would be jizztacular if we could sign him.