• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Craig

World Traveller
I guess Smitteh will just love reports that Citeh have agreed a £18m with Blackburn for RSC.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I guess Smitteh will just love reports that Citeh have agreed a £18m with Blackburn for RSC.
It depends. If he stays injury free, awesome (not likely).

That said, if Tevez and Eto'o do come then hey, what a lineup up front: Eto'o, Tevez, Robinho, Santa Cruz, Bellamy.

All have something different and can bring something new to each game, great stuff.

Craig

World Traveller
It depends. If he stays injury free, awesome (not likely).

That said, if Tevez and Eto'o do come then hey, what a lineup up front: Eto'o, Tevez, Robinho, Santa Cruz, Bellamy.

All have something different and can bring something new to each game, great stuff.
And then some central defenders who can do their job and a proper right back as well.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And then some central defenders who can do their job and a proper right back as well.
I like Richards at right back, think he has the tools to do well defensively at the highest level (huge, strong, fast), and we really don't need him to get forward anyway. Apparently we're hot on Kolo, Lescott and Upson, not sure that they're top quality but they're proven Premier League performers and all regulars in national squads, so I'd take that.

If we lined up next season along the lines of:

Given
Richards-Kolo-Lescott-Bridge
de Jong
Ireland-Barry
Tevez-Eto'o-Robinho

We'd push up the table for sure. I reckon Eto'o might struggle in the Prem though, so you never know.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah honestly, as a Blackburn supporter, I'm happy with that. That's more money than I thought we'd see for a player who plays 1/3rd of a season (if you're lucky).

Good buy for City if it works out though. His 07/08 was sublime.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Roque would be a good signing for citeh, Bellamy needs someone to keep him company in the treatment room, after all.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think the only reason he hasn't already been snapped up by a bigger side is because of him being injury prone, the only reason City will likely end up landing him is because they can afford to get a replacement if he ends up on the treatment table all year, and most other sides can't. This plus the fact that Mark Hughes is obsessed with buying ex-Blackburn players.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Here we go:
Still don't want Tevez. Would be fine with Rossi back, one of Sneijder or van der Vaart and a winger in. Add to that Welbeck and Tosic getting more games.
He's not as good as he thinks he is. Can get someone who'll do more for cheaper. Better version of Alan Smith he is.:@

N.B: Not been fond of him since he's come. Made Rossi leave. Add to that Solskjaer retiring the same summer and Smith leaving which is meh.

Would be fine with Rossi back to replace him. :)
All that stuff happened in the summer Tevez came if you read my post properly. Said it's not really his fault but the main part of me not wanting him is him thinking he's better than he is.
His demand to be guaranteed a starter. You won't be. If you don't want to accept beign on the bench, sod off.
He's played more minutes than Berbatov and Rooney and he's still complaining. Hence he can go. He's not as good as either anyway.
Well you should be surprised when he's not signed up then.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
So are you surprised he's not been signed up? Contract was actually offered but meh irrelevant.