• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't quite know what to say, it's all over for another year, snatched, **** haven't lost something so big so late since 94, it hurts so bad. If we'd gone there and got beaten 2-0 I'd find that so much easier to take than the way it sounds like we've been shafted here. Gonna take me a while to get over this one. :(

You're a bunch of very kind people, mind, cheers

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unlucky GIMH, feel for you.

Mind you Can't say I'm too depressed at the moment.

Richard Logan is a god, but that Bury winner made it a very nervous last couple of minutes.

Thanks Brumbers, for the good wishes, feel envious of Pickup (which is odd because he's a ginger), but I felt it best to celebrate it with my dad, who has supported City for 7 decades, anyway.

Brentford and Exeter finish first and second, without a player in the PFA team or a manager of the month award between them, no doubt we'll just console ourselves with div 1 football....

Last edited:

fredfertang

Gutted for Tranmere, must be heartbreaking
Agreed - especially after being within touching distance

Without the lure of playing Tranmere next season the Championship suddenly becomes such an unattractive place - best just move on and back to the prem I reckon - however horrible that might be

Pothas

Nice end to an excellent season today, not very often we get to see a trophy at Griffin Park. Well done Exeter, pleased they made it. Wycombe very lucky indeed.

Mention to the Luton fans who were excellent and I am sure they will be back

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Sweden.

Also, don't judge on one-off internationals. Wigan did and bought a prank-midfielder from Norway. TT Boy's bang on in his description - can't handle the ball at all. Defensive midfield's the position for peopel who can't kick a ball anyway. Don't know how the Danes can stand having such a man in their midfield (then again, they're hypocritical ****s).
Fair enough SV. You and TT seem to have seen alot more of Poulsen than me...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I don't think I have ever celebrated a goal quite so much... or screamed "corner, get it in the ****ing corner" quite so frequently as today. Absolute shocker of a stadium with quite horrific views - the depth perception working out WTF was going on at the far end, about 200 yards away, was nigh on impossible.

Mercifully Logie scored at our end - it seemed like it took forever to get over the line but having just seen a replay on SSN it looked an awful lot more clinical than it felt at the Don Valley! Norwich, Charlton, Southampton - some massive clubs to visit next year - and, of course, Tranmere.

Special to be there, and never going to forget it.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Bloodclathhh, Chelsea better look to take Barca to penalties. Once they open up they could die..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't think I have ever celebrated a goal quite so much... or screamed "corner, get it in the ****ing corner" quite so frequently as today. Absolute shocker of a stadium with quite horrific views - the depth perception working out WTF was going on at the far end, about 200 yards away, was nigh on impossible.

Mercifully Logie scored at our end - it seemed like it took forever to get over the line but having just seen a replay on SSN it looked an awful lot more clinical than it felt at the Don Valley! Norwich, Charlton, Southampton - some massive clubs to visit next year - and, of course, Tranmere.

Special to be there, and never going to forget it.
Congrats. Nice to see real fans rewarded occasionally. :)

Found myself genuinely pleased your boys did it, despite you downing the U's in the play-off last year.

Similarly gutted for GIMH too, who I assume must be drowning his sorrows as I type.