• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm gutted for you Corrin anyway, you were so close, but next year it will happen. And congrats to Neil and grecian, too think you guys were not even in the Football League last year.

Thanks Craig, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want the dirties to stay in this div, 2002 we were relegated out of the league, they were in the Champions league Semi. To play them would be the nuts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
fertang's boys have to do it the hard way, confident?

Norwich, Southampton & Charlton down here next season. Three more games where they can charge you £30 because they still have ideas above their stations, great 8-)

What happens if Southampton go out of business over the summer?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
dav, when you read this message, the below is your new avatar for the next 9 weeks. Every cloud and all that jazz ;)

edit - it's a ****ing ***y avatar that, I'm having it. Will pick a different one for you, otherwise I'll confuse myself

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You can have my other hero instead. :ph34r: Sparing you any Tranmere stuff, because that's the kind of guy I am

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thanks Craig, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want the dirties to stay in this div, 2002 we were relegated out of the league, they were in the Champions league Semi. To play them would be the nuts.
It's tough choosing who I want to win in the play-offs

S****horpe - I'm bitter about yesterday, and the way their fans acted at the end sounds like it should leave a sour taste in the mouth
Leeds - filth
Millwall - filth
MK Dongs - franchise

Hmmm, I guess Scunny will have the public's backing, three of the most hated teams in the country line up there.

grecian

S****horpe - I'm bitter about yesterday, and the way their fans acted at the end sounds like it should leave a sour taste in the mouth
Leeds - filth
Millwall - filth
MK Dongs - franchise

Hmmm, I guess Scunny will have the public's backing, three of the most hated teams in the country line up there.

Yeah, it is a bit of a criminal line-up, Scunny for me also. Never been a particularly glamorous match, but wouldn't mind avoiding Millwall, because they're ****ing animals. Still shudder thinking about meeting them in the eighties, not good times.:@

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I've watched the whites against Millwall a few times, both back in div 1 as it was then called, and in this league, and also in the FA Cup. Only been to their place once, but there was no bother, and most of the time when they've come up to PP they've been fine, at one point leaving me to believe that I had missed the worst days of Millwall hooliganism (was born in 84). Then one night in 2006, they were playing at our place on a Friday night (whoever decided that was a good idea needs to be put down, maybe Merseyside Police should spend more time thinking about things like that!), I was chatting with a couple of their fans, they were good blokes. Then all of a sudden I heard a shout of "we're Millwall mate" and there was glass flying everywhere. By all accounts some braindead fan of ours had goaded them, but watching them take our boozer apart gave me an idea as to what it is they must have been like, back in the 80s.

grecian

Yeah, I've watched the whites against Millwall a few times, both back in div 1 as it was then called, and in this league, and also in the FA Cup. Only been to their place once, but there was no bother, and most of the time when they've come up to PP they've been fine, at one point leaving me to believe that I had missed the worst days of Millwall hooliganism (was born in 84). Then one night in 2006, they were playing at our place on a Friday night (whoever decided that was a good idea needs to be put down, maybe Merseyside Police should spend more time thinking about things like that!), I was chatting with a couple of their fans, they were good blokes. Then all of a sudden I heard a shout of "we're Millwall mate" and there was glass flying everywhere. By all accounts some braindead fan of ours had goaded them, but watching them take our boozer apart gave me an idea as to what it is they must have been like, back in the 80s.
Yeah, well back in the bad ol' days they wouldn't of needed goading, but still not the brightest thing to do.

Anyway, I'm off out, and what celebrations are to be had. Wurzeltastic, I bet your all envious now, you lot and your big city ways, but we know how to throw a party:laugh:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, was reading through the thread and just about to post a commiserating message saying at least you still get to pick my avatar :lol:

grecian

****ing mates didn't want to go to the Imp. they thought the wurzels were a bad thing, ****ing culturally bereft IMHO...........

Craig

World Traveller

Leeds - filth
Millwall - filth
MK Dongs - franchise

Here is a question for you (and the other Brits are free to answer), would you take any of those teams to go up but Neil Warnock doesn't win promotion into the Premier League? I know Palace are one division up, but I have been on here long enough to know that he is a **** of the highest order.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Here is a question for you (and the other Brits are free to answer), would you take any of those teams to go up but Neil Warnock doesn't win promotion into the Premier League? I know Palace are one division up, but I have been on here long enough to know that he is a **** of the highest order.
Thankfully we don't have to worry about that this year. Though Sheffield United are dangerously close to promotion (Blackwell is a c*** as well) Hoping for a Preston-Reading final in the Championship, wouldn't mind Preston going up. Guess it would have to be S****horpe-Millwall in league one but as Gimh said its a tough one, don't think anyone would disagree that Leeds are first choice to go out.

A Bury- Rochdale final in league one would be nice

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lol, was reading through the thread and just about to post a commiserating message saying at least you still get to pick my avatar :lol:
I'd forgotten about it temporarily and then was checking the LMS thread and I'd mentioned it in there, so thought I might as well stick it up. As you say, consolation prize :laugh:

grecian

Well going against my opening post again :shy:, but the Cambridge-Satanage match looks like going to pens. Finger-biting time.

grecian

Spoke too soon, Cambridge score in the last min of extra time.

Well Done Brumbers other mob, some comeback:)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It seems right Cambridge being back in the league. It's crazy to think that they weren't far off being one of the inaugural Premiership teams.