• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how you lefted out the 51 all out.
No, I didn't "lefted out" the 51 all out. I was describing the "other" performances by your bowlers, in an attempt to show that the 51 wasn't representative.

Even if you include the 51 all out, Windies took their wickets throughout the series at a cost of 48 runs per wicket. Does this satisfy you? Does this lead you to feel so good about the Windies at the moment that you can gloat over an England team that's just beaten you in an ODI series?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
As i went to pick my sister up from the station i had to listen to the last 10 overs or so in my car. Was treated to some vintage Viv Richards (lets hope its the last commentary we hear from him). One period every sentence started with 'as you can see'...well no Viv im listening to the radio I can't seen any of what's happening. Then before the last powerplay over he declared it was this over that would determine which way the game goes...WI got seven runs and lost a wicket... Viv said the game was still in the balance and the next over or two were crucial.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh yea Viv is dire when he's commentating about the game. If he's talking about his own experiences and so on he's okay, but when he's due to say something that's when he starts saying his pet phrases and uses them in a weird order. He's particularly bad when the other commentator is coming in to do their bit and he's saying stuff to fill the silence in the meantime.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What doubt was that then? Funny, i gave it to AB De Villiers, i gave it to Brad Haddin, i just about thought you could give some to Michael Clarke. But this time i don't see anything other than cheating.

Did not see that- if it's as you say, then it's not karma, they're just both filthy cheats.
Whether people think the Freddie catch was out or not it really isn't comparable to claiming a grounded ball, IMO

Nice to get the win, and of course Freddie reigns supreme, not bad for a player with no talent

sammy2, you must be the biggest tool to ever grace these forums, putting it somewhat mildly

FBU

International Debutant
Leading run scorers
Strauss 204 runs at 51.00
Chanderpaul 201 runs at 67.00

Leading wicket takers
Anderson 9 wickets at 21.11 econ 5.00 s/r 25.3
Pollard 9 wickets at 17.66 econ 5.24 s/r 20.2

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Only watched the England innings and I didn't think they had enough but fair effort to comeback and win the series. :)

Thank **** the tour is now over. Just a shame we play the same opposition again in a few weeks tmes. :dry:

HeathDavisSpeed

Odds that Sammy2 and bond21 are related?
Sammy2 is worse than bond21 in my opinion. bond21 was a "tool" of the highest order, and he was as much of a cheerleader for his team as Sammy, but he occasionally showed glimpses that he understood the game.

Personally, I think Sammy should be banned for being a Precambrian duplicate; even if he isn't one.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
Heres a list of ODI hattrick takers

Aaqib Javed
James Anderson
Shane Bond
Eddo Brandes
Andrew Flintoff
Steve Harmison
Jalal-ud-Din
Kapil Dev
Charl Langeveldt
Brett Lee
Lasith Malinga
Mohammad Sami
Danny Morrison
Bruce Reid
Saqlain Mushtaq
Shahadat Hossain
Chetan Sharma
Anthony Stuart
Jerome Taylor
Chaminda Vaas
Waqar Younis
Wasim Akram

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally, I think Sammy should be banned for being a Precambrian duplicate; even if he isn't one.
:laugh:

Anyway, has a team ever been so widely criticised in the process of winning a series as England have here? Bit bizarre how they win a one-day series in the Caribbean and people suggest they're the worst of all the ODI teams or are worse than Bangladesh or the like.

Most of the first posts i made when i joined the site were on the subject of England being overrated, now i'm always saying they're not getting enough credit.

fredfertang

:laugh:

Anyway, has a team ever been so widely criticised in the process of winning a series as England have here? Bit bizarre how they win a one-day series in the Caribbean and people suggest they're the worst of all the ODI teams or are worse than Bangladesh or the like.

Most of the first posts i made when i joined the site were on the subject of England being overrated, now i'm always saying they're not getting enough credit.
I think it all boils down to the still substantial section of the English public (including knowledgable folk) who still believe England have some sort of god-given right to be the best in the world at whatever we attempt

......... it is our bally empire after all young fella me lad ...........

Redbacks

International Captain
As the great 'observers' of the game, with plenty of answers for all other teams problems, it's odd that the management has turned into a circus around them. A slice of irony....?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I really think Bangladesh would challenge England in Bangladesh.
Nah IIRC England have a history of doing well against teams worse than them in ODI cricket just being terrible against the good ones most of the time. Would be surprised if we lost a game against them. We won 3-0 in 03/04 with a team that included Kirtley, Batty, Blackwell and Rikki Clarke (and none of them were even close). We also had no trouble against them in 05 when they beat the Aussies.