• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah, normally wouldn't really care about what happened in these ODI's too much, but with Sammy being such a **** it's quite enjoyable

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Very desperate for something to feel good about.
Yes mate - I've supported England all my life through thick and thin. And it's almost always been thin. I'm happy to enjoy the good times when they happen, which isn't very often.

As for Windies being a better team than England, well they looked pretty closely matched in both the Test and ODI series. I suspect that in the return series in England your boys will struggle badly. We shall see. In the meantime, cling on to whatever you can.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Dyson scrwed this up for the windies and also the last game had it gone the full distance who knows.. anyway.. Windies making some good strides here... Cant play Pollard and Sammy.. Have to bench one of them.
Nice to have these dilemmas again! I'd drop Sammy on principle after his antics today :ph34r:

sammy2

Banned
Yes mate - I've supported England all my life through thick and thin. And it's almost always been thin. I'm happy to enjoy the good times when they happen, which isn't very often.

As for Windies being a better team than England, well they looked pretty closely matched in both the Test and ODI series. I suspect that in the return series in England your boys will struggle badly. We shall see. In the meantime, cling on to whatever you can.
Not clinging, we got players you fear. There is no one on the Eng team who makes me worry. During the series, non of the Eng players got going. They only won when WI playes failed, these lucky wins won't happen everyday. When there is no luck, Eng will bowl 10 overs to fidel edwards and darren powell without taking a wicket - thats not true talent.

gvenkat

State Captain
Nice to have these dilemmas again! I'd drop Sammy on principle after his antics today :ph34r:
Sammy is limited with batting and his bowling is Ok. But windies need to drop him and use pollard more as a bowler and get a proper batsman up the order.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Sammy is limited with batting and his bowling is Ok. But windies need to drop him and use pollard more as a bowler and get a proper batsman up the order.
Think he was more referring to him pick the ball up off the floor and claim he caught it. :ph34r:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Not clinging, we got players you fear. There is no one on the Eng team who makes me worry. During the series, non of the Eng players got going. They only won when WI playes failed, these lucky wins won't happen everyday. When there is no luck, Eng will bowl 10 overs to fidel edwards and darren powell without taking a wicket - thats not true talent.
Keep telling yourself that, mate. And when you do it, click your heels together 3 times and say the magic words "there's no place like home" and you'll be magically transported back to the days when you had a bowling attack where your opening bowlers averaged less than 40.

sammy2

Banned
Dyson scrwed this up for the windies and also the last game had it gone the full distance who knows.. anyway.. Windies making some good strides here... Cant play Pollard and Sammy.. Have to bench one of them.
None of them are in the test team.

The last game strauss got caught and was given not out, thats just the type of luck keeping the team alive, but when it's time to display real talent and skill they just don't have it. They could never set a total out of the reach of WI, it's just these things they fail to realize. That sort of playing cannot beat better teams than WI at the moment.

sammy2

Banned
Keep telling yourself that, mate. And when you do it, click your heels together 3 times and say the magic words "there's no place like home" and you'll be magically transported back to the days when you had a bowling attack where your opening bowlers averaged less than 40.
Huh ? The openning bowlers right now avg less than 40.
I don't need to go back, the current bowlers are able to bowl Eng out for 51.

gvenkat

State Captain
Think he was more referring to him pick the ball up off the floor and claim he caught it. :ph34r:
Mate, lets not talk abt on-field behavior and what not. England are no saints either.. there have been many instances when every team has cheated. so let's forget that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You're right. You'd have won if we hadn't been allowed to take catches on the one-bounce rule. Oh, wait, again... that wasn't us.

sammy2

Banned
You're right. You'd have won if we hadn't been allowed to take catches on the one-bounce rule. Oh, wait, again... that wasn't us.
Dude I have seen many times English fans cheering that it doesn't matter how the wicket came about, they wanted it. As Richard put it, thats good enough for a tail ender, it was KP's highest score during the series. He had made more than expected.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
the current bowlers are able to bowl Eng out for 51.
Once.

I wouldn't start creaming your pants just yet though.

Consider the other performance of your bowlers against an England team (which you repeatedly claim to be talentless) in the Test series:

7/0 (abandoned due to unacceptably poor ground)
566/9 declared and 228/9 declared
600/6 declared and 279/2 declared
546/6 declared and 237/6 declared

If you were alive during the days of Marshall and Holding and Garner you would feel pretty ashamed of this.

But if it's good enough for you, enjoy it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It was KP's highest score during the series. He had made more than expected.
I'm now bored. This is the sort of argument that I use when intentionally trying to wind up ten year olds.

My concern is that you genuinely believe your own posts.

sammy2

Banned
Once.

I wouldn't start creaming your pants just yet though.

Consider the other performance of your bowlers against an England team (which you repeatedly claim to be talentless) in the Test series:

7/0 (abandoned due to unacceptably poor ground)
566/9 declared and 228/9 declared
600/6 declared and 279/2 declared
546/6 declared and 237/6 declared

If you were alive during the days of Marshall and Holding and Garner you would feel pretty ashamed of this.

But if it's good enough for you, enjoy it.
I love how you lefted out the 51 all out..

What was WI score in those games ?