• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official: Countdown to the 2017-2018 Ashes***

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just re-watched all 37 wickets. What's amazing is that most of the wickets he took were actually bowled, lbw or caught in the cordon. Johnson was known in that series for bowling short, hostile and fast but most of the wickets were produced by the batsmen getting caught on the crease and either fishing outside off or missing the movement of the ball and getting bowled or hit in line.

Those wickets were the inevitable results of batsmen who are afraid to come forward. Cook's LBW at (I think) the MCG summed it up perfectly. A simple forward defensive shot would have saved him but he was too slow getting forward and ended up with his front foot barely past the crease. When your opener and star batsman is getting caught batting so deep in his crease you know it's due to genuinely quick bowling.

Go ahead and watch the replays and note exactly where the batters' feet are for all of the wickets. I doubt you'll find any where the batsmen have their front foot more than half a pace in front of the crease. They were so deep in their crease that any movement on the stumps was going to get them and that's what happened.

Such a great series.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope adub doesn't mind me posting it here......no way does he deserve any ridicule for getting it so wrong. He was only saying what everyone else was saying/thinking........he just said it so ****ing well :laugh:

How much wind can you blow up one ****'s arse?

WA v SA, Sheffield Shield, Perth Report : Johnson takes two in encouraging display | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Encouraging display?

Yeah real ****ing encouraging for the Barmy Army. The **** goes for 4.4 an over in an innings where his team mates roll a pretty weak SA side for 222 and it's this myth that gets a write up? It reads like the school report of some mong child who spends their days at school ****ting their pants and eating their own snot, but it is encouraging that they aren't biting the other children as often and only call the teacher a ****ing slut 5 times a day.

Which is hardly a surprise as Berendorf and Hogan have significantly better fc averages, better economy rates. Only Hogan's slightly lower s/r gives Myth Johnson a win on any significant stat. Just lucky I suppose, couldn't possibly be because they out bowl the **** pretty much any time they line up together.

Just ****ing break down or die will you Johnson you ****.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Patto should be one of the first 3 or 4 picks in the Aus Test side. It would be a travesty if Nathan Lyon continues to play Test cricket and he sits out alongside SOK.

**** CA if you want them to behave give them games instead you leave them languishing in domestic cricket with nothing to do but abuse flight attendants and denigrate women cricketers

stephen

Patto should be one of the first 3 or 4 picks in the Aus Test side. It would be a travesty if Nathan Lyon continues to play Test cricket and he sits out alongside SOK.

**** CA if you want them to behave give them games instead you leave them languishing in domestic cricket with nothing to do but abuse flight attendants and denigrate women cricketers
Lyon should play ahead of SOK. we only have room for 3 quicks and Haze and Starc are locks. Cummins too is hard to leave out on current form. Honestly though it'll be unlucky for whoever doesn't make the test side. Probably on form Haze should be dropped but I don't think any side would seriously consider dropping the world's 3rd ranked bowler.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'd rather people who can't control their urges to abuse those serving them or denigrate women cricketers didn't represent the nation. If time reveals their character in that way, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Pattinson will bat @ 7 Starc 8 Cummins 9 Lyon 10 Hazelwood 11. Pattinson is showing a lot of skill with his batting now. Like I said if Australia had De Kock at 6 they'd be close to the perfect side.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Probably on form Haze should be dropped but I don't think any side would seriously consider dropping the world's 3rd ranked bowler.
Feel like Haze is gonna be the glue that holds these trios/quartets together. Should be the first picked.

stephen

Feel like Haze is gonna be the glue that holds these trios/quartets together. Should be the first picked.
I thoroughly agree. Haze is the guy who regains control if one of Starc or Cummins is having an off day.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Should be at the WACA instead of an AFL ground anyway.
Talking of Australian cricket grounds...what's the best one to go to during this test?..and is the day/night test still a thing that's happening?

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Adelaide Oval will be awesome with the Day/Night test. MCG/SCG both great around the Christmas holidays.
Cool. A trip to Adelaide to meet up with an ex work mate is looking more and more of a good idea . :)
(She lives in Adelaide so works out well)

Last edited: