• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

JackPot

U19 12th Man
I really doubt Tait's credentials in the longer version of the game. I mean, he was **** in the Ashes and he was **** in Perth early this year. I think bit over-hyped he is.

Lee has class, it could be just that he is yet to recover fully from his divorce. They aren't robots, just to shut out personal life out of their professional life. And for starters, hope Ponting puts a little bit more faith in his strike bowler. The way he was handled in this test was crap.
tait is just fit for the aus domestic circuits...not for international standards....

JackPot

U19 12th Man
CA selectors seems to be staying away from the thoughts of having symonds back into the struggling squad.....

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disagree. If that been the case, Hayden wouldnt have gone for the almight sweep off the second delivery he faced from Harbhajan. I think they tried to do the WC 03 finals thingy, where all out aggression broke the mentals of Zaheer, Nehra, and Srinath. However, they should have noted that Zaheer is much improved and experienced guy now, and Bhajji too. 49 runs in 7 overs is a statement. Having proved that, I think the openers should have curbed down their strokes a bit against the spinners. Thats what really seperated Sehwag-Gambhir from Hayden-Katich.
That said, his bowling really did go down the john when Haydos went after him. It really did.

Precambrian

Banned
That said, his bowling really did go down the john when Haydos went after him. It really did.
Only natural when you are bowling with the field up. And Hayden didnt last long (he faced just 20 balls) to say definitely that he had gone into Indian bowlers mind. Actually he caused his own downfall by playing "anger" cricket that "aggressive" cricket.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
hayden was gone for spinner just in this innings....
gone without clue in zaheer's bowling the previous three innings....

ishant and zaheer are able to reverse swing with the ball as old as just 20 overs......
To be frank, he got bad decisions and knicked one unluckily to his stumps. 2005 all over again? I think not.

Precambrian

Banned
To be frank, he got bad decisions and knicked one unluckily to his stumps. 2005 all over again? I think not.
nicking one to his stumps is not unlucky, he misread the incoming one, and it just took the inside edge to the stumps. Done in by the bowler than his bad batsmanship.

Agree that he got two rough decisions in the first test. But then again, he never looked comfortable at the crease, and it was painful to see him going at an UnHaydenly strike rate. Was never convincing. And today also, he overcompensated for his over-defensive approach and gave his wicket away.

Precambrian

Banned
Did anyone watch that Cameron White sent down the "Worst ball of the decade" today? Easily went past that "Harmison second slipper" during the 2006-07 Ashes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did anyone watch that Cameron White sent down the "Worst ball of the decade" today? Easily went past that "Harmison second slipper" during the 2006-07 Ashes.
Yeah, White ocassionally comes out with one of those when he's really being attacked. Not sure what he's trying to do when it happens.. turn one from leg to off perhaps? :ph34r:

JackPot

U19 12th Man
i missed this one. hope they got this in the highlights reel. going to go over the highlights again before the start of the last day's play just for the pleasure of watching ponting's face from all the beating from indians.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty shocking effort from Oz today. Haddin & Clarke restored some vague semblance of respectability at the end, but the ease with which India made their declaration target and to slide from 49/0 to 58/5 must've given our Aussie brethren a brief flavour of what it's like being an English cricket fan.

Must give credit where it's due; inspired bowling change from Dhoni when Hayden & Katich were creaming the seamers to all corners and Ishant's nut to dismiss Ponting was the jaffariest of jaffas. Amazing delivery. Hayden's & Hussey's heaves across the line weren't necessarily what the situation required tho.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
tait is just fit for the aus domestic circuits...not for international standards....
I don't think he is 'mentally' fit for Test cricket. I'm not so much talking about mental strength as knowing what to do. In ODI cricket, you can get away with your two lengths and raw pace, but Tait needs to think up a plan for Test cricket, because he currently does not have the stamina with his action to keep up the intensity for a day nor does he seem to know what he is doing.

archie mac

International Coach
Lets be honest the Hayden dismissal was very doubtful the Hussey dismissal was a shocking shot:@

Not sure where the Aussies have their head atm

Anyway is there any footage of the Ponting - Blee argument?

They keep talking about it on Foxsports but they don't seem to have any footage:@

Precambrian

Banned
I don't think he is 'mentally' fit for Test cricket. I'm not so much talking about mental strength as knowing what to do. In ODI cricket, you can get away with your two lengths and raw pace, but Tait needs to think up a plan for Test cricket, because he currently does not have the stamina with his action to keep up the intensity for a day nor does he seem to know what he is doing.
AWTA. He really needs to grind through the Pura Cup for atleast a couple of seasons before he can be even considered for Test selection imho. If he broke down after a home test in "home of pace", I really doubt how he will cope up with the demands of a tour,

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Talk on Foxsports this morning that Brett Lee could be dropped for the next test. Would be a brave move to drop him and keep Siddle in the side. Would also be a strange decision given some of the shocking performances he has put in before in his career and been saved. But, I guess we weren't losing at the time.

archie mac

International Coach
Talk on Foxsports this morning that Brett Lee could be dropped for the next test. Would be a brave move to drop him and keep Siddle in the side. Would also be a strange decision given some of the shocking performances he has put in before in his career and been saved. But, I guess we weren't losing at the time.
Can't see it, we need his runs:ph34r:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty shocking effort from Oz today. Haddin & Clarke restored some vague semblance of respectability at the end, but the ease with which India made their declaration target and to slide from 49/0 to 58/5 must've given our Aussie brethren a brief flavour of what it's like being an English cricket fan.

Must give credit where it's due; inspired bowling change from Dhoni when Hayden & Katich were creaming the seamers to all corners and Ishant's nut to dismiss Ponting was the jaffariest of jaffas. Amazing delivery. Hayden's & Hussey's heaves across the line weren't necessarily what the situation required tho.
Yeah, was thinking just the same thing when I was listening to the radio. "This must be what opposition fans have felt like for so long."

Obviously not the most harmonious dressing room atm, with the on field squabble between Lee and Ponting, Hayden also looked very angry. Australia certainly haven't been the most gracious of winners under Ponting, and it looks like it could look even worse for Australia if we get pummeled in this test.