• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

ret

International Debutant
Day 4

India needs 5 wkts to go 1-0 up .... as an Indian supporter you cannot ask for more [expect may be India winning in 4 days :p]

the performance so far by India doesn't surprise me at all and some of you can see that I have been backing India since B'lore .... Ind has done one correct thing [even by chance] thats get rid of Kumble .... with Kumble and Bhajji's tendency to be ineffective in the Ist inning, the other teams got good scores. Now with someone like Mishra in, Ind is able to do better as a bowling unit in the Ist inning. Bhajji knows how to bowl when the pitch has something in it for him so he is pretty lethal in the 2nd inning

I thought Dhoni did well to promote himself at 3, followed by Ganguly and Sachin .... that sends tough signals to Dravid and Laxman, who probably would have looked to help themselves to a 50 in this game and thus slowing down the runs further

though in cricket nothing is certain, i guess India would back itself to go 1-0 up here and possibly take one of the next two tests to take the series comfortably :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Day 4

India needs 5 wkts to go 1-0 up .... as an Indian supporter you cannot ask for more [expect may be India winning in 4 days :p]

the performance so far by India doesn't surprise me at all and some of you can see that I have been backing India since B'lore .... Ind has done one correct thing [even by chance] thats get rid of Kumble .... with Kumble and Bhajji's tendency to be ineffective in the Ist inning, the other teams got good scores. Now with someone like Mishra in, Ind is able to do better as a bowling unit in the Ist inning. Bhajji knows how to bowl when the pitch has something in it for him so he is pretty lethal in the 2nd inning

I thought Dhoni did well to promote himself at 3, followed by Ganguly and Sachin .... that sends tough signals to Dravid and Laxman, who probably would have looked to help themselves to a 50 in this game and thus slowing down the runs further

though in cricket nothing is certain, i guess India would back itself to go 1-0 up here and possibly take one of the next two tests to take the series comfortably :)
Yeah, if Mishra can get five wickets in the first innings of every test he plays, India will indeed be hard to beat.

Precambrian

Banned
Just back from watching the highlights. Pretty amazing how a side can collapse. At 49-0 in 7 overs, one expects Australia to take the bull by the horn and rake up a 200+ for 1 score at the end of the day. However within an hour, they are reduced to 58-5. This is why I love cricket.

ret

International Debutant
just browsed through the thread, didn't see any cool predictions like

Ponting to do this
Lee to do that
Johnson to do ???

is the place is getting subdued :unsure: or is it that the Indian team is getting 'annoying' too now :-O

'coco' cola, dogs, rats, cats, pups, kittens, .... :laugh:

Matt79

Global Moderator

Ponting to do this
Lee to do that
Johnson to do ???

is the place is getting subdued :unsure: or is it that the Indian team is getting 'annoying' too now :-O

What would the indian team being annoying mean in terms of cool predictions?

Precambrian

Banned

Ponting to do this
Lee to do that
Johnson to do ???

Lee to score a century and emulate Jason Gillespie.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously haven't noticed me posting every other minute that Johnson is about to pick up a wicket.

Precambrian

Banned
The cricinfo article titled "Outbatted, outbowled, outmatched" has the following interesting observation:

There was an animated argument between Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee before lunch, presumably something to do with the fact that the leader of the pace pack wasn't required to bowl until after everyone has finished their roti and butter chicken. And that simmering rage seemed to afflict the batting as well.
I thought Lee was underbowled esp in the first session. And really un-Australian of them to wash it in the public.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately yes. But enjoying every single moment of this match, and I'm sure I'll be enjoying the remaining moments of the series as well ;), so much so that I could care less now what my avatar is. And yeah I'm still screaming at the top of my lungs in the middle of the night, just in case you're wondering :p.

Last edited:

JackPot

U19 12th Man
hahaa --- mohali test, a classic example that australia is no more a world class or world's best team

outbatted,outbowled,outcaptained in every single session of the game....yea they can brag about their athletic and fielding skills to make those fancy slides to pull the ball inside the ropes...hahaaa....

so much for all the ponting's talk before the series about his new style of test cricket he is going to show to exploit the age of indian players...go on puntooo....hahaaa