• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2010

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I just really don't like the look of Tiwary's batting. Never have and I don't think I ever will.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Solid win. Great chase.

Appreciate Australia bunting the ball straight to fielders throughout the middle of the innings. Please feel free to do it again.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just really don't like the look of Tiwary's batting. Never have and I don't think I ever will.
He's definitely not a long term prospect. I honestly can't see his role in the team..

Anyways, India! :)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, my previous post had a slightly too critical tone in hindsight. But I still think the Aussies- and by that I mainly mean Clarke- left it waaaay too late to accelerate. Not to relinquish the bowlers of any blame because it's a score they should be making a decent fist of defending, but it's an inexperienced attack and the Indian batting lineup is excellent. You need to take these things into account when setting a total imo. If you finish a first innings in India with only three wickets down, you should really have more than 290 runs to play with.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, my previous post had a slightly too critical tone in hindsight. But I still think the Aussies- and by that I mainly mean Clarke- left it waaaay too late to accelerate. Not to relinquish the bowlers of any blame because it's a score they should be making a decent fist of defending, but it's an inexperienced attack and the Indian batting lineup is excellent. You need to take these things into account when setting a total imo. If you finish a first innings in India with only three wickets down, you should really have more than 290 runs to play with.
And I love how people assumed Clarke timed his innings to ensure that Australia, with wickets in hand, could get 84 runs off the last 5 overs.

Yep, you can bank on that every match :dry: They freakishly smashed some ultra **** bowling in the last 5 overs to get to 289, which was still 30 runs short.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We weren't talking about whether Tiwary will be any good or not (though I have my doubts). But he's not exactly attractive to watch.

Dhoni is ugly to watch often, but when he gets going in ODIs he can be pretty cool. The willmill flicks, and sometimes he eases the balls into the stand like it's nothing (thinking of his knock when Sachin scored 200). Tiwary isn't as unconventional, he's just a slogger.

Shri

Mr. Glass
We weren't talking about whether Tiwary will be any good or not (though I have my doubts). But he's not exactly attractive to watch.

Dhoni is ugly to watch often, but when he gets going in ODIs he can be pretty cool. The willmill flicks, and sometimes he eases the balls into the stand like it's nothing (thinking of his knock when Sachin scored 200). Tiwary isn't as unconventional, he's just a slogger.
Dhoni was a pure slogger wicketkeeper when he started out. He then developed his game to become an accumulator later, of course he still saved his hitting ability and did not completely lose it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Johnny Hastings?

A no-name nuffy, selected out of nowhere.

Shocked to find out he wasn't from NSW. lol
He actually is from New South Wales; he just wasn't good enough to make our team so he pissed off to Victoria. He joins the less than exclusive list of players who have played for NSW Second XI and Australia within two seasons.

I've never rated him (dirt poor man's James Hopes IMO) but you can't knock his performances over the last year or so in all forms of the game so it's a good opportunity to have a look at him. Picked on actually performing rather than hype like Ferguson or Smith (as a bowler) so I'm not going to complain.
I must admit I'd never even heard of the boy before today & only caught the last 7 or 8 overs of India's innings, but I liked the look of his bowling. Not express, but good seam position and the ball he brought back into Dhoni was a jaffa. Reminds me of Paul Reiffel a bit, actually.

Was far more impressed with him than Starc or McKay.

Someone wants to check his birth certificate tho. 24? **** off. Looks older than I do.