• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan is the team I would least like to see winning. Their fans here are amazing, and I have nothing in particular against any of their players, but there you go.
lol............there you go..........the feeling is mutual although with an important difference.........it is individuals like Ganguly (I hate that "taking off the shirt" incident vs Eng), Sreesanth, and Bhajji (the most irritating individual to set foot on the cricket field) that makes them abominable.......I really like Dravid and Laxman though. Some of the nicest characters on the field.

8-) Funny joke
:laugh:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Funnily enough, I quite like Sreesanth when it comes to cricketers. He's got a bit of character you have to say.

When it comes to international cricket, I dislike players moreso than teams. Clarke, Watson, Harbhajan and Broad are top of my dislike list.
:wub: A man with good taste

That's a pretty good list. I'd add Sree to it though (that's where we differ).

Now tell me with a straight face that you dislike the man and his hot bod.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I used to love Yuvraj too. Then the Australian tour of 2007/08 occurred. If you're going to bat and behave like that when Dravid sacrifices himself to open to make place for you, then you can gagf.

I then found a better version of Yuvraj. Better batsman, better fielder, better looking.

Virat Kohli WAFG

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
This past (most recent) weekend all cricket in my grade was rained off. I saw our top team trying to salvage a game though.

Yes I play for Upper Hutt and did play the previous weekend.

Cheers

Why do you ask?
My mate played alongside him. My friend's name is Lee.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I used to love Yuvraj too. Then the Australian tour of 2007/08 occurred. If you're going to bat and behave like that when Dravid sacrifices himself to open to make place for you, then you can gagf.

I then found a better version of Yuvraj. Better batsman, better fielder, better looking.

Virat Kohli WAFG

And just as self-obsessed :ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My mate played alongside him. My friend's name is Lee.
That is the upper hutt 20 20 team. Cool I will keep an eye out for Lee at prize giving. I havn't run into him yet. Apparently McDermott took 3 wickets for nothing in two overs. After one batsman was clean bowled he negotiated with Craig M for an autograph on his bat.

Craig said that he had a good day and enjoyed hanging out with the guys.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't there an interview sometime last year from Yuvraj about how he wanted to mentor upcoming test players and give them some advice or the like?

What a **** head. How about telling them not to be so **** or something. Rather get advice from Dizzy on batting

salman85

International Debutant
England or India.

Nothing to do with politics when it comes to India.It's the media hype surrounding their cricket,which gets on my nerves.The same goes for England.Tolerating the English Media is a pain everytime their Cricket or Football team is off to a major cup,and if by any chance they end up doing well,the media gets even more tolerable.

I don't have anything against the teams,though i do have a fair amount of dislike for some of their players (Sreesanth,Broad,Trott,Dhoni etc),but the thing that makes me hate them is their media.If the media cools down,then my hatred would probably go away.

Himannv

International Coach
Too many Indian players that I dislike which is probably what swung it for me. Yuvraj, Sreesanth, Harbajan, Gambhir, Kohli, Raina, Nehra and a few of their other bowlers.

Having said that I like Tendulkar, Chawla, Praveen Kumar and to some extent Sehwag and Zaheer. Still, the dislikes outweight the likes by too much. Not too fond of the current Aussie crop either.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
We win because of stereotypes. Winning it with Mills, McCullum etc in the team is proof.

And I don't see what that has to do with our fans and media?:unsure:
Name 3 things you don't like about the media? I won't ask you what you don't like about the fans in case it is CW fans that you dislike.

You never used to talk like this when we weren't ****e. You used to get mad at other fans for giving up on the team.

smash84

The Tiger King
Name 3 things you don't like about the media? I won't ask you what you don't like about the fans in case it is CW fans that you dislike.

You never used to talk like this when we weren't ****e. You used to get mad at other fans for giving up on the team.
Yeah. Flem was the guy who argued with me (when I had joined CW) that Kyle Mills was better than Shahid Afridi in all aspects of the game. I was quite irritated by his stance but now I think he is beginning to go the opposite way.

I think the Flem274 of old was better for CW. Should have at least some jingoistic nationalist NZ fans around.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
England or India.

Nothing to do with politics when it comes to India.It's the media hype surrounding their cricket,which gets on my nerves.The same goes for England.Tolerating the English Media is a pain everytime their Cricket or Football team is off to a major cup,and if by any chance they end up doing well,the media gets even more tolerable.

I don't have anything against the teams,though i do have a fair amount of dislike for some of their players (Sreesanth,Broad,Trott,Dhoni etc),but the thing that makes me hate them is their media.If the media cools down,then my hatred would probably go away.
Agree with you on the Media thing. While Indian media has a tendency to go overboard in praise, and also to give knee jerk reactions to every result, English media tends to make everyone believe that they have got the next great cricketer in their ranks every few years.

Surprised though to know that you dislike Dhoni. He hasn't done anything untoward like a Sreesanth or a Harbhajan to be disliked, and he is actually a rare success story for an individual coming from an average background and a mostly ignored cricketing part of the country. And then to go onto achieve all that he has done is actually quite incredible. That it is all taken for granted, only tells you the easy and unassuming style of the guy.

I also tend to like people who don't come with an excess baggage of coaching and professionalism, and play cricket and impose their personalities in the way they seem fit - that "raw" element which is increasingly becoming rare. That is the reason why I admire Sehwag and Dhoni so much. I don't care if they don't end up anywhere near the greats of the game, but they give hope and inspiration to so many youngsters who are deprived of the infrastructure and opportunities that urban dwellers have access to.

Being a Pakistani yourself, you would know what I mean. No one throws "raw" talent onto the world cricketing stage as often and as successfully as Pakistan does. And that is a reason why I am deeply saddened by all the controversies that Pakistan keeps getting itself into (I am over my childhood hatred for Pakistan :p).

Last edited: