• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
If I'm honest, I don't have anything against the Australian team or their fans.

But when it comes to the World Cup, for ****'s sake, it's about time they lost.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah but they're compensated by Sehwag, Sachin, Dravid, Badrinath, Pujara, Chawla and Zaheer who I'm fans of. I also like Gamhir for some reason unbeknown to myself.
Haven't heard of Gambhir doing anything really, likeable or not. Other than be annoyingly good, and that one time he skived off to go to a wedding. Suppose he is quite handsome.

Badrinath? Come on, he doesn't play for India anymore.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If I'm honest, I don't have anything against the Australian team or their fans.

But when it comes to the World Cup, for ****'s sake, it's about time they lost.
Have you not come across Burgey yet or something?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I for the most part like a great deal of the Indian batting lineup but hate all of their bowlers. By no means a fan of England or Australia either but my dislike for a chunk of the Indian team is probably greater than either of those teams.
Boo! Zaheer a beautiful genius of a man.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You forgot Tendulkar
Haven't heard of Gambhir doing anything really, likeable or not. Other than be annoyingly good, and that one time he skived off to go to a wedding. Suppose he is quite handsome.

Badrinath? Come on, he doesn't play for India anymore.
Gambhir gets a lot of hate but I'm a fan for no particular reason other than 'I like him'.

Badrinath will always be playing for India in my heart. Murali Kartik too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Have you not come across Burgey yet or something?
:laugh:

Ah, memory lane...

Burgey said:
3-1 Australia (England win a dead rubber)
Top runscorer - Clarke and Swann
Top wicket taker - Dougeh!!! and Broad
Dumpings - Cook, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Finn, Anderson (Swann retains his place for his batting).
Returning Players - Gatting, Paul Jarvis, Mark Ealham
Howe_zat said:
Look on the bright side, you nearly made it. You made it all the way to the fourth line before veering off wildly into an alternate dimension.
Burgey said:
Look on the realistic side.. You've been here five minutes and wouldn't have the first idea WTF I'm getting at. You'll be fun if England cop a pasting, won't you?
Howe_zat said:
You're fun.:happy: We're going to be best friends.
Burgey said:
Haha.. Well at least until the tests start! :D
Then, I was asked to join the staff. :ph34r:

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

My most hated team is Lanca****e by a long, long way. Their chant of "Ooooooh, a-Lanky, Lanky" etc. used to annoy the hell out of me.

Disappointed they're not an option in the poll.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Canada worth a shout, tbh.

Load of ex-pat and discarded hacks whose passports have no creases in them as yet.

Get some Canadian-born players in there and I might start supporting ye.

Spark

Global Moderator
Probably a tie between India and Pakistan but I don't especially dislike any one team.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Canada worth a shout, tbh.

Load of ex-pat and discarded hacks whose passports have no creases in them as yet.

Get some Canadian-born players in there and I might start supporting ye.
But that's not going to happen. I don't know if you've read my other posts on this matter or not, but people outside of the immigrant community here in Canada don't have a clue what cricket is and nor do they care. The only way to make Canadians care about cricket is to popularize it in the US first. But that won't ever happen. Having New Zealand and Sri Lanka play some games in Florida to grow the sport there is absurd, how that will popularize the sport in the US is beyond me. It's a laughable strategy. They won't even care if the US were playing the game, why the hell would they care if two countries half-way accross the world were to do so. It makes no sense, am I the only one who saw this as a completely idiotic attempt by the ICC? :wacko:

Anyway, back on topic, surely this is not a reason to hate the Canadian team. A lot of these Canadian players are well respect citizens who are amateurs in the game, have 9-5 jobs and a family to support. But they play the sport because they love it, they have a passion for the game. And they are working hard to grow the game in the country, they are making an attempt. This is certainly something that is commendable. A lot of these players are professionals working in the field of banking/finance, health care, technology, etc. But for them to come out and compete, and work hard on something they have a passion for and actually make a strong attempt to grow the game in the country deserves credit. It's not the ICC that will be growing the game across different borders, rather the respected citizens of the countries.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Would have picked America if they had a team worthy of disliking, however, as it stands...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
But that's not going to happen. I don't know if you've read my other posts on this matter or not, but cricket outside of the immigrant community here in Canada don't have a clue what cricket is and nor do they care. The only way to make Canadians care about cricket is to popularize it in the US first. But that won't ever happen. Having New Zealand and Sri Lanka play some games in Florida to grow the sport there is absurd, how that will popularize the sport in the US is beyond me. It's a laughable strategy. They won't even care if the US were playing the game, why the hell would they care if two countries half-way accross the world were to do so. It makes no sense, am I the only one who saw this as a completely idiotic attempt by the ICC? :wacko:

Anyway, back on topic, surely this is not a reason to hate the Canadian team. A lot of these Canadian players are well respect citizens who are amateurs in the game, have 9-5 jobs and a family to support. But they play the sport because they love it, they have a passion for the game. And they are working hard to grow the game in the country, they are making an attempt. This is certainly something that is commendable. A lot of these players are professionals working in the field of banking/finance, health care, technology, etc. But for them to come out and compete, and work hard on something they have a passion for and actually make a strong attempt to grow the game in the country deserves credit. It's not the ICC that will be growing the game across different borders, rather the respected citizens of the countries.
Also, to add onto the above post. Having lived in Canada all my life, I was first introduced to the sport by my parents, who moved here from India. I fell in love with the sport, and became an increasingly passionate Indian fan ever since the 2003 WC. I established, managed, captained and coached my own high school cricket team. I grew awareness of the sport in my community. I organized cricket games amongst our school team and the local police officers and firefighters. It caught the attention of many students at my school, even those who were not of Indian, British, Pakistani origin.

But I am not the only case, there are a lot of other passionate individuals out there who love the sport and are of Indian, British, Pakistani origin (some born here, some not) who are making a strong attempt to grow the sport in this country.

Johnners

Toss-up between South Africa & India for me, but so long as Harbhajan is in the team, India will always nose it. Once he's gone though, South Africa will romp it home.