• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Messi v Cristiano

who be better

• Messi

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Tom Nichols

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay the most boring question in sport, & I'm the only one tedious enough to ask it.

grecian

Messi is pretty famous plays for Argentina and Barca. Ronaldo has played for manu and Real Madrid, as well as Portugal I think some may have heard of him. Obviously everyone knows who Nichols is so I won't condescend to you on that one.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah i was being funny, i have heard of them. no idea who nichols is though. do you mean mark nicholas?

grecian

yeah i was being funny, i have heard of them. no idea who nichols is though. do you mean mark nicholas?
nah you weren't, and to be fair no reason to change your posting habits for xmas.

Interesting question, FJ, All-round for me.

salman85

International Debutant
Ronaldo.

Messi for me,is always going to be an over-rated ****.Plays for the strongest club around (until recently atleast, before Bayern upstaged Barcelona), has never inspired his international side significantly, and has only excelled in one league.

Ronaldo,even though he's an arrogant prick and one of the players i hated most when he was at Man Utd, has excelled in 3 different leagues and managed to inspire his international side to greater heights (Portugal vs Sweden in the playoff most recent example).

Plus,the fact that Barcelona fanboys claim Messi is better than Maradona infuriates me.Messi,for all his skill in the world,is not someone who can single handedly lead an average team to unprecedented heights.Maradona did that his whole career.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ronaldo.

Messi for me,is always going to be an over-rated ****.Plays for the strongest club around (until recently atleast, before Bayern upstaged Barcelona), has never inspired his international side significantly, and has only excelled in one league.

Ronaldo,even though he's an arrogant prick and one of the players i hated most when he was at Man Utd, has excelled in 3 different leagues and managed to inspire his international side to greater heights (Portugal vs Sweden in the playoff most recent example).

Plus,the fact that Barcelona fanboys claim Messi is better than Maradona infuriates me.Messi,for all his skill in the world,is not someone who can single handedly lead an average team to unprecedented heights.Maradona did that his whole career.
Disagree with what you said regarding Messi being unable to lift his team . There've been plenty of moments in recent seasons when Messi has either been injured/rested when Barcelona looked a good team but lacked that magical incisiveness which Messi brings. Prime recent example would be that match against PSG last season when they looked mediocre in the first half and were staring at an embarrassing elimination. Messi comes on with half an hour to go and suddenly the team is lifted to their best once more. There are plenty more instances too where he's done stuff like this

I believe he's better than Ronaldo by a not so tiny margin. Both truly great players though, been unbelievable to watch them this past 7-8 years.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I prefer Messi. They both score insane amounts of incredible goals, but Messi is much more involved in everything else.

Ronaldo would be a better fit for almost every other team though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Always been Ronaldo for me, more complete player. Could actually see him leading the line, which one really couldn't imagine Messi doing.

&, as Cristiano's an ex-ManUre player who's a massive c-word with it, I don't offer praise in his direction lightly.

However, speaking of clients, it must be said Suarez is in better nick than either right now. Just insanely good.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ronaldo.

This is absolute nonsense and does a huge disservice to the excellent players Maradona played alongside at Napoli and for Argentina.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Always been Ronaldo for me, more complete player. Could actually see him leading the line, which one really couldn't imagine Messi doing.

&, as Cristiano's an ex-ManUre player who's a massive c-word with it, I don't offer praise in his direction lightly.

However, speaking of clients, it must be said Suarez is in better nick than either right now. Just insanely good.
Have you not watched Barcelona since 2009?