• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Messi v Cristiano

who be better

• Messi

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Tom Nichols

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crazy that Ronaldo scored his 90th Champions League goal last night and some strikers who earn good money in top flight football don't manage that many league goals over their career.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think there is a stat or something where it took Ronaldo some 30 games or something ridiculous (for him) to get his first CL goal and he's basically been scoring at a goal a game rate ever since.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I was playing football with my neighbour and his kids and some other kids on the estate this morning. My neighbour has just booked a Bank Holiday weekend in Paris for the end of May. His other half wants to see the Mona Lisa which daddy explained to the kids is worth about $800,000,000. One of the other kids without a hint of humour says "Is that more than Ronaldo?" End of debate - Ronaldo wins this poll.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe I put rubbish crock Nichols as an option in this poll, should have been Ollie Watkins obvs.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Messi, IMHO, is the greatest footballer of all time. People will argue that he has never won a major international tournament playing for Argentina and hence he cannot be considered as the greatest. This is true but I am of the opinion that the best players are not collectively playing in international main events. In the WC finals of 2014 you only had a handful of players you would consider truly world class while in the UEFA CL finals both sides would be stacked with world class players. Hence I rate the UEFA CL a much more difficult competition and with Messi having won it three times with Barcelona, rate Messi as the best.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Messi, IMHO, is the greatest footballer of all time.
I wouldn't vehemently disagree with anyone who thinks that. Though it's still Maradona for me (as much I can't stand the twerp). I would love to have seen him, Pele and George Best playing in an era where tough tackling is prohibited.