• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Messi v Cristiano

who be better

• Messi

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Tom Nichols

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

King Pietersen

International Captain
Both immense footballers, but I'd want Ronaldo in my team. He's a dream footballer. Tall, strong, powerful, hits it with both feet, good in the air, superb at set pieces, ridiculously fit, he's such an immense athlete. Not taking anything away from Messi, as he is one of the most technically gifted footballers to ever play the game, but for me, Ronaldo is a more well-rounded player.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ronaldo is probably a superior athlete per se imo. Imagine he'd be fairly decent at most sports given the appropriate training etc...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't really understand the Ronaldo being more 'well-rounded' thing, what do people actually mean by this?

grecian

I don't really understand the Ronaldo being more 'well-rounded' thing, what do people actually mean by this?
I think it's his physical play, I do have to say it's kind of what puts him just ahead for me. You feel if he didn't have the talent he could probably still make a career as an old-fashioned centre-forward. His heading of the ball is brilliant. It's a physicality which I don't think Messi can match.

Lionel probably more skilful though.

Last edited:

Pothas

The being more physical thing I understand but I don't think it really make him more 'well-rounded' Messi could easily play as a striker, a winger or a number 10, he would probably make a very good central midfield player as well.

Ronaldo is ridiculous and he has been the best player this year but I still think Messi at his best is significantly better.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The other Ronaldo would have been the greatest of all time were it not for his knees falling apart.

grecian

The other Ronaldo would have been the greatest of all time were it not for his knees falling apart.
Dalglish was better to be fair.

The other bloke in the pic really did have only one foot (and a hand, never forget), was quite good though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I can imagine Jono right now, waving his filthy fat little hands in the air, shouting "go GIMH go!".

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Ronaldo. He is actually more all-round in terms of ability than Messi. Both are no doubt the best attacking players in the world.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ronaldo. He is actually more all-round in terms of ability than Messi. Both are no doubt the best attacking players in the world.
I don't know why all round ability matters all that much. Messi isn't quite as two footed as Ronaldo, isn't as good off dead balls, long range but still has managed to win more games on his own, produce big moments in big games than Ronaldo (who himself is absolutely no slouch there). So it doesn't really matter that Ronaldo is better off free kicks, headers, etc. Messi has generally produced better results and lifts his team unlike any player I've seen

irfan

State Captain
Messi, but the gap is closing.

Better at:
- Dribbling
- Changing direction with the ball at pace
- Conversion Rate
- Assists
- Build-up Play involvement
- Through Balls
- Lob shots
- Free kicks (Ronaldo more spectacular, Messi more consistent)

Ronaldo's better at
- Heading
- All-round athleticism
- Two feet
- Long-distance shots
- Power shots
- National team (the WC will be the biggest test for both)
- Versatility (positionally and success in two domestic leagues)

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ronaldo by far. Ronaldo is a proven goal scorer in Premier League which is the most demanding league and he has scored against Petr Cech. :p
Ronaldo's free kicks are jizzling and his headers are too good.