• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lions tour of New Zealand 2017

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Jet lag is a pretty valid excuse IMO. It's usually not a valid excuse, but in this case I think it's fair.

UK to New Zealand is probably the world's worst journey in terms of jet lag. I would barely be wanting to train for a week, let alone play a competitive match of rugby within 2 days.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was at the game. Criticisms of the Lions are valid and warranted, but jeez I was impressed by the Barbarians. It was the biggest game of these guys' lives, and they can be pretty proud of themselves.

Pretty awesome turnout from the crowd as well, and both the locals and visitors combined for a great atmosphere. Made me proud of my new home town. The only problem was that the grass bank we were sitting on had turned into extremely slippery mud thanks to the storm the previous day. There were some highly impressive wipe-outs - including one bloke trying to carry four beers. He lost 'em all.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Team v Blues

Good pack. Biggar-Henshw-Payne in the back line does not strike me as very keen to throw the ball around. Hoping to see some damage caused by Daly.

Owens as captain is weird.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
North & Murray still yet to feature on the tour, one notes. Two possible inferences: they're either being saved for Canterbury on Saturday or their respective areas of injury concern are worse than has been publicised.

ripper868

International Coach
The Blues, the bottom placed of the Kiwi Super Rugby teams have grabbed an early lead against the Lions.

EDIT - and the Lions score but minutes later. wish i was watching rather than live stream listening.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
It's weird seeing Jared Payne in a Lion's jersey. I remember watching him play for Northland years ago.

ripper868

International Coach
And Blues get one bang on half time - and take the lead into the half 12-10. Lions 0-2 in first half of games this tour.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Missed the first half..it started too early this morning for me to get up...hopefully a better second half

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And Blues get one bang on half time - and take the lead into the half 12-10. Lions 0-2 in first half of games this tour.
I caught the last five minutes of the first half in my tea break; penalty rebounded off the post and SBW was most alive.

Looked a knock on at first glance, but replays suggest it might've been Nowell's hand (the tattoo sleeve makes it look conspicuous) & I've no probs with the benefit of the doubt going to the attacking side.

The Exeter boy's not had a great first half; looks like he was skinned for Auckland's first too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ah man we could play that well and beat a bunch of test sides. This tour is going to be near impossible