• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lions tour of New Zealand 2017

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Team for the first game has been announced.

Lions squad to play Barbarians:

Team:*Hogg; Watson, Joseph, Te'o, Seymour, ***ton, Laidlaw; Marler, Best, Sinckler, Jones, Henderson, Moriarty, Warburton, Faletau.

Replacements:*George, Vunipola, Furlong, Kruis, Tipuric, Webb, Farrell, Payne.

Predictable pick'n'mix of possibles and probables. Most striking I suppose is that all four loosies are of the Leekist persuasion.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Haskell listed as a centre - well if Jamie Roberts isn't on tour, maybe it's just Gatland doing what he knows

Howe_zat

Audio File
ATTN Sky,

Please do not put easy puns ahead of genuine music choices for your 2013 tour montage. 'Little Lion man' is not a victory jam.

'I really ****ed it up this time' does not go with Sam Warburton lifting a trophy.

I hope we've learned something today.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jeez. Lions would be flattered by "rusty".

Great tackle from Faletau to stop a try, but the Barbarians 15 should've passed long before and they'd have a walk in.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looking as if the doubts expressed about Hogg's defence have some substance. Twice now he's stuffed up takes from kicks.

Not seeing much of an understanding between Laidlaw and ***ton either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Te'o has run a nice couple of lines. Would've backed Hogg to score there most days too.

Scrum looking in good order at least.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gatland jr outplaying ***ton comfortably today
Probably qualifies for Ireland and Wales too.

Faletau has looked quality amidst the carnage. Farrell has had a good half too. Just needs to back it up when he actually gets on the paddock.