• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is BD good enough to join tier 3 now

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Test cricket doesn't need official tiers, it just needs to do away with the future tours program whereby everyone has to play everyone else every four (or five or whatever) years. Let Bangladesh play test cricket, but in England in the early summer? Not so much. Ended up as little more than a training hit out when the cloud cover came to OT.
Then the considerations would purely be commercial. You wouldn't get many tours even if at some point BD became decent.

IMO tiers are a better option, if we're going to have anything at all.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If they started beating other teams at home I think it's a reasonable guess demand would grow. Every other team has been introduced to test cricket without them being forced to play teams they can't compete with. Without the ftp they would have a chance to naturally find their own level, probably with tests away against some of the "lesser" (be it in terms of commercial clout or on-field performances) test nations. It seems to work in other sports like rugby union.

Doesn't preclude them playing FC cricket in other countries for exeperience either.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I dunno about anyone else, but I'd be pretty keen on seeing Bangladesh play. They might be dire, but a) They usually play pretty exciting cricket and b) I'll actually get to see England bat well and smash it about or the bowlers get wickets and do well.

Woodster

International Captain
I dunno about anyone else, but I'd be pretty keen on seeing Bangladesh play. They might be dire, but a) They usually play pretty exciting cricket and b) I'll actually get to see England bat well and smash it about or the bowlers get wickets and do well.
I quite enjoy watching Bangladesh play, but would much prefer to watch them in a contest, where they can get themselves into winning positions, watch a whole new dimension to their game. Opportunities for them to control the game, to go on the attack in the field, learn to win matches. Sadly that is beyond them against Test opposition for the time being.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
BINGO!!.

People are putting Pakistan in the top tier and yet they got whitewashed in the Tests in Australia, we at least got a draw and pushed them all the way in the last Test, and it was done with a depleted squad too.
And yet you've conveniently ignored a pathetic performance in England (arguably even more pathetic than Bangladesh's) and a 2-0 defeat at home to Bangladesh. OK the top players were on strike, but it doesn't say a lot for the depth of talent in the West Indies.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
And yet you've conveniently ignored a pathetic performance in England (arguably even more pathetic than Bangladesh's) and a 2-0 defeat at home to Bangladesh. OK the top players were on strike, but it doesn't say a lot for the depth of talent in the West Indies.
It was too cold for our lot to perform!! :laugh: , and come on Ginger, you'd have to be really desperate to bring up the Bangladesh fiasco, that wasn't even our best second team imo, bar a couple of decent youngsters like Walton, Roach and Pascal most of the names where picked on a whim i believe, without any real thought going into it.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
BINGO!!.

People are putting Pakistan in the top tier and yet they got whitewashed in the Tests in Australia, we at least got a draw and pushed them all the way in the last Test, and it was done with a depleted squad too.
You know what happened in the Sydney test :jawdrop:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
It was too cold for our lot to perform!! :laugh: , and come on Ginger, you'd have to be really desperate to bring up the Bangladesh fiasco, that wasn't even our best second team imo, bar a couple of decent youngsters like Walton, Roach and Pascal most of the names where picked on a whim i believe, without any real thought going into it.
It was more whoever had played any form of cricket who wanted to play.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I reckon Bangers could potentially win a Test vs. a full-strength WI in their home conditions. West Indies obviously would win/draw 4 times out of 5. But Shakib and Tamim getting a ton or a 5fer could really turn a Test in Bangers favour.
And further in Bangers favour IMO is that WI can't GET a full strength team together these days, still a better team but I'd argue that Bangladesh have superior spinners to WI which is what matters most over there.