• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Warns SL for Galle pitch

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sri Lanka v Australia, 1st Test, Galle: Sri Lanka Cricket gets official warning for Galle pitch | Cricket News | Cricinfo ICC Site | ESPN Cricinfo

"Whilst we do not wish to see a pitch that is too heavily weighted in favour of the batsmen, in this instance, the balance was just too much in favour of the bowler."

Oh really? You don't huh? Can you please list the official warnings you gave out to pitches that resulted in draws? What absolute morons. Yea, who wants to watch a game like the one we saw in Galle? Let's instead play even more of matches like this, isn't that just so much more fun for everyone involved?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
An absolute ****ing nonsense.

Whilst the pitch at Galle wasn't "ideal", whatever the **** that means, but it allowed for gripping, exciting Test cricket where the batsman faced a serious examination of their technique; yet the pitch wasn't so skewed in favour of spin that anyone could walk up and roll their arm over and run through both sides. The match in question was watchable because something was always happening and the pitch didn't markedly deteriorate to the point where it was unplayable. The pitch also wasn't dangerous.

Let's sanction the one pitch in the series which a) produced a result and b) challenged the players of both teams yet completely ignore the two absolute roads that were thrown up. Good work ICC. And we wonder why the future of Test cricket remains in doubt?

miscer

U19 Cricketer
sri lanka should be cheeky ****s and submit a report saying no corrective action is taking place because they feel it was a good pitch. and then watch the lols ensue.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am not going to read the link or give the issue much thought but just want to join in with the wave of emotion and say Absolutely disgraceful decision. I say we craft a CW protest letter and email it to the ICC.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it a disgraceful decision because people think the pitch was good for test cricket OR is it disgraceful because the ICC don't punish similarly unfit pitches such as roads?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is it a disgraceful decision because people think the pitch was good for test cricket OR is it disgraceful because the ICC don't punish similarly unfit pitches such as roads?
The latter if you ask me.

The problem is that the longer the punishments remain one-sided, the further the ICC pushes domestic boards in one direction.

I'd also let this pitch slide because it's something of a rarity, and if I had to I'd be happy with a variety of pitches regardless of quality.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Both. Ideally it wouldn't have been as dusty as it was day 1 but it wasn't close to being a poor pitch. Difficult and challenging does not equate to poor.

uvelocity

International Coach
it's because cw is full of keepers who cant hack a bit of spin

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The latter. Appalling double standard.
Well how about we focus on that instead of people trying to pass off the pitch as being decent enough for test cricket.

Two wrongs don't make a right. We've had millions of people come into the SL vs Aus tour thread and say there was nothing wrong with the pitch. What a load of horse ****. The ICC are ****s for not sanctioning boards that dish up roads, but they're doing the right thing here.