• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"HANSIE" Movie!

Best Cricket Based Movie?

• Expecting Hansie (English, South Africa)?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
First of all, no one here has seen the movie yet, but most have seen fit to trash it. Conclusion? None of you know what you're talking about.
Secondly, synopsis means "a BRIEF summary of the plot, etc."
As no one has seen the movie yet, why presume the whole truth isn't shown?
So you think that the movie, produced by his brother, with the subtitle "Legacy of a Hero, Story of a Man" and a synopsis which claims that his only crime was to give information to bookies (:laugh:) is likely to give a balanced view and to tell the entire truth?

I agree generally, and in the broadest sense, that you shouldn't slate a movie that you haven't seen. However I think you need to take a bit of a reality check on this one.

Langeveldt

Soutie
No. Drug cheats try to get ahead to try to help themselves, their country and their team win.

Match fixers fixate to lose, which is against the essence of all sport.
Whoooah?! So you are saying that it's more acceptable to cheat in order to win than lose? I'm not buying it, absolutely farcical either way..

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The trouble with this project is that if the plot were to be accurate the film would be of no interest at all to anyone other than cricket fans so it is guaranteed not to be in order to have any chance of succeeding at the box office

That taken as read it may still be watchable but only if they learn from that diabolical bodyline thing and either use actual archive footage for the action or cast it with actors who can actually play the game to a decent standard

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think it could make a very interesting movie, regardless of hurt feelings and such. Cricket is just sport, this is the story of his life. Might make an interesting watch.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
And who has done both?
There is no evidence that Shane Warne ever used performance-enhancing drugs, he only took drugs which are capable of covering the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

I have tremendous respect for the man.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I know he hasn't. I have a hunch that is who Sanz has referred to. Not only does Sanz believe Warne took performance enhancing drugs, he believes that he also did match-fixing - neither of which there is any real evidence to support.

But maybe he means someone else? :)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I know he hasn't. I have a hunch that is who Sanz has referred to. Not only does Sanz believe Warne took performance enhancing drugs, he believes that he also did match-fixing - neither of which there is any real evidence to support.

But maybe he means someone else? :)
I have great respect for Shane Warne and there is no evidence that he cheated, took money from bookies or ate excessive amounts of pizza :ph34r: