• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - France, Denmark, Tunisia, Australia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One centre back miscontrolling the ball into his own face then falling over and the other centre back rescuing him by flying into a perfect last-man slide tackle was Australian football in a nutshell.
That was hilarious, even though it could have cost us the win.

Son Of Coco

Loved this quote from Nathanial Atkinson about marking Mbappe:

"Obviously it's an eye-opener. There's a reason why he is earning $200 million a year, and I am where I am".

What a guy!

ripper868

International Coach
Every now and again when I’ve had a tough day, I watch the highlights of this game to cheer me up. Makes a change from Mitchell Johnson 2013/14 reels at least
Adelaide is my go to tbh, 13/14 I've got bitter memories of, had a social engagement I couldn't get out of, missed that entire spell.

Anyway, Souttar is obviously the best cb in the world, and thats all anyone needs to win a WC.

duffer

Franny Jeffers scored for England that which I'm pretty sure is grounds for revoking full international status.
Was Sven the manager then? Iirc he said he had no idea of the significance of the Australia-England sporting rivalry until he watched the 2005 Ashes. Would have played a much stronger lineup if he had known.

Son Of Coco

Was Sven the manager then? Iirc he said he had no idea of the significance of the Australia-England sporting rivalry until he watched the 2005 Ashes. Would have played a much stronger lineup if he had known.
Weren't they pretty much full strength in the first half? We took Kewell off 10 minutes into the 2nd half (Sven substituted the whole team at half time), and he had been all over them.

ripper868

International Coach
Weren't they pretty much full strength in the first half? We took Kewell off 10 minutes into the 2nd half (Sven substituted the whole team at half time), and he had been all over them.
Now now, England only lose at football due to external factors, not anything to do with their own ineptitude or skill level/ability of the opposition. This is a team that's been favourite for every sporting event of English invention (rugby, football, cricket) since 1910 odd

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hush you clowns! FMD.....you really know you shouldn't be talking when the crowning moment of your footballing history is beating England in a friendly ffs

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah they were and it was only when they brought on the younger blokes in the second half that they gave a yelp.
There should be a biennial football series between Aus and England. Would be a lot of fun. They could call it the Backpacker Cup.

social

Hush you clowns! FMD.....you really know you shouldn't be talking when the crowning moment of your footballing history is beating England in a friendly ffs
Could be worse

England’s crowning achievement is holding us to 3 in the same game

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be worse

England’s crowning achievement is holding us to 3 in the same game
Yeah right.......lives forever in my thoughts that game.

Edit

I'm interested @social what did David Beckham have to say about it when you had dinner with him after the game?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I actually quite like the socceroos but it’s pretty cute seeing these buffoons chirp on in this thread. When noted England fan Furball discredits an attempt to get one over England, it’s time to give up the ghost.