• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn McGrath ties knotts with Sara Leonardi

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Typical of a famous celebrity marrying a young beautiful girl so soon after wife death. If he really cared about his children Mcgrath would have married a older women with children who knows how to take care of other man kids. I feel sorry for Jane kids. :(
Wow, how did you manage to post on the internet from way back in the 1940's?

Debris

International 12th Man
It is kind of a pointless thread though. Anyone who is not overwhelming positive is going to get caned so not a lot to discuss.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Congrats to both.

Must admit the thought did flash across my mind that it was maybe, possibly a wee bit soon after Jane's death? I'm not standing in judgement on how anyone copes with the grieving process and have no fixed idea of what the "correct" amount of time should be, but I will say that I'd have been slightly disquieted if my mum had remarried so soon after my dad had died.

kingkallis

International Coach
The kids are very young and it looks as if Glenn has taken this decision after some consideration.

Hopefully it will work well for all 4.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it is a totally personal decision and the only decent thing to do is wish the couple well. If they publicise it for money though, it is a different matter and people will get cynical..

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
Typical of a famous celebrity marrying a young beautiful girl so soon after wife death. If he really cared about his children Mcgrath would have married a older women with children who knows how to take care of other man kids. I feel sorry for Jane kids. :(
I think that post is completely offensive. :@

Smacks of complete pig-ignorance. If you want to get to know the personalities, watch the McGrath interview on "Enough Rope". You'll see that these are quality people you're commenting on and you're totally out of line.

Sheesh, they'll give anyone an internet connection.

Congrats to both.

Must admit the thought did flash across my mind that it was maybe, possibly a wee bit soon after Jane's death? I'm not standing in judgement on how anyone copes with the grieving process and have no fixed idea of what the "correct" amount of time should be, but I will say that I'd have been slightly disquieted if my mum had remarried so soon after my dad had died.
I think a factor was that Jane McGrath was battling cancer for what could have been ten years + , certainly there was a "terminal" prognosis at least a couple of times, that Jane McGrath bravely beat.

Perhaps all parties made peace quite early in their process and Jane McGrath would be delighted to see OhhAhh happy.

As I am.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah that Enough Rope interview was great. People seem to judge characters based on on-field battles, Glenn is miles from that steaming fast bowler in real life, anyone that saw that interview would have nothing but full admiration of him. Champ.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wish them the best.. Hope it all works out good for his kids too. Can't even imagine how difficult it must have been for them when their mum passed away.. :(

flibbertyjibber

Knew there would be one person who would come out with crap like this.It is something only McGrath and his family and close friends can know about as to whether it is too soon.

Good luck to him and his kids i say.I hope the bad times are behind him and he has a long and happy marriage.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
Knew there would be one person who would come out with crap like this.It is something only McGrath and his family and close friends can know about as to whether it is too soon.

Good luck to him and his kids i say.I hope the bad times are behind him and he has a long and happy marriage.
Here, here.

Well said. :thumbsup:

Top_Cat

Yeah, definitely subscribe to the viewpoint it's one of those situations you can never understand unless you've been in it.

Blaze 18

Banned
You cannot be serious!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
The biggest shock for me was Athers as best man. Never knew they were even friends let alone that close.