• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Don't tell me someone has Tendulkar at #1.
Oh please. Someone had Warne above Bradman in the last edition. You didn't have a problem with that. Stop being so bitter, and don't raise an issue that's not on the table at all.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
that wouldn't be hilarious but someone has Andrew flintoff above bradman
GIMH!

Oh please. Someone had Warne above Bradman in the last edition. You didn't have a problem with that. Stop being so bitter, and don't raise an issue that's not on the table at all.
IIRC you brought this up last time and I recall saying I did. Not even I put Warne above Bradman. Anyone who does is taking the piss or is a fanboy. So "oh please" yourself for making my comment an issue.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Who cares who picks who and in what order? People can pick whoever they want, in whatever order they want surely. If people are going to look down their noses at someone else's selections because they don't correlate with their own list they're clearly not interested in the pooling of ideas which is surely the purpose of the thread.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I've submitted my list and because I didn't want to cause yet further wailing and gnashing of teeth I've played it with a pretty straight bat. No room for Jardine, although I trust that others will have done the decent thing so that he finds a spot in the top 50.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Will send my list asap. As a matter of interest and comparison, here is how the Top 50 shaped up last time. Maybe when you do the countdown you could put in brackets where each cricketer ranked last time (if they made the top 50) so we can see how the opinions on various players has - or hasn't - changed.

1. Don Bradman
2. Garry Sobers
3. WG Grace
4. Shane Warne
5. Jack Hobbs
6. Sachin Tendulkar
7. Imran Khan
8. Viv Richards
9. Malcolm Marshall
10. Richard Hadlee
11. Sydney Barnes
12. Muttiah Muralitharan
13. Glenn McGrath
14. Keith Miller
15. Brian Lara
16. Dennis Lillee
17. Walter Hammond
18. Adam Gilchrist
19. Curtly Ambrose
20. Ian Botham
21. Len Hutton
22. George Headley
23. Wasim Akram
24. Greg Chappell
25. Ricky Ponting
26. Jacques Kallis
27. Graeme Pollock
28. Bill O’Reilly
29. Sunil Gavaskar
30. Victor Trumper
31. Fred Trueman
32. Steve Waugh
33. Herbert Sutcliffe
34. Allan Border
35. Michael Holding
36. Kapil Dev
37. Shaun Pollock
38. Waqar Younis
39. Denis Compton
40. Harold Larwood
41. Fred Spofforth
42. Ray Lindwall
43. Barry Richards
44. Jim Laker
45. Andrew Flintoff
46. Allan Donald
47. Joel Garner
48. George Lohmann
49. Hedley Verity
50. Douglas Jardine

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can people please write first names or initials on some cricketers so we can work out who you mean?

I'm especially thinking of when Pollock and Richards makes peoples lists.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha looking at the Top 50 from last time around, realised I've completely forgotten about 3/4 players who should have made my list 8|

smash84

The Tiger King
Will send my list asap. As a matter of interest and comparison, here is how the Top 50 shaped up last time. Maybe when you do the countdown you could put in brackets where each cricketer ranked last time (if they made the top 50) so we can see how the opinions on various players has - or hasn't - changed.

1. Don Bradman
2. Garry Sobers
3. WG Grace
4. Shane Warne
5. Sachin Tendulkar
6. Jack Hobbs
7. Imran Khan
8. Viv Richards
9. Malcolm Marshall
10. Richard Hadlee
11. Sydney Barnes
12. Muttiah Muralitharan
13. Glenn McGrath
14. Keith Miller
15. Brian Lara
16. Dennis Lillee
17. Walter Hammond
18. Adam Gilchrist
19. Curtly Ambrose
20. Ian Botham
21. Len Hutton
22. George Headley
23. Wasim Akram
24. Greg Chappell
25. Ricky Ponting
26. Jacques Kallis
27. Graeme Pollock
28. Bill O’Reilly
29. Sunil Gavaskar
30. Victor Trumper
31. Fred Trueman
32. Steve Waugh
33. Herbert Sutcliffe
34. Allan Border
35. Michael Holding
36. Kapil Dev
37. Shaun Pollock
38. Waqar Younis
39. Denis Compton
40. Harold Larwood
41. Fred Spofforth
42. Ray Lindwall
43. Barry Richards
44. Jim Laker
45. Andrew Flintoff
46. Allan Donald
47. Joel Garner
48. George Lohmann
49. Hedley Verity
50. Douglas Jardine
Thanks Sean, I was thinking the same but was too lazy to go out and search for the list last time. I'll include this now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha looking at the Top 50 from last time around, realised I've completely forgotten about 3/4 players who should have made my list 8|
Just send through another email if there are some players that you forgot about. Weldone has had his list updated.

Kyear and Chicane need to fix up their lists slightly.

Jager

International Debutant
So it's alright if we want to rearrange our lists even if we've sent one through already?