• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 8-15 July

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:
Richard 37,000
Craig 18,000
age_master 14,000
Matteh 12,000
Perm 11,000
pasag 11,000
vic_orthdox 10,000
Fiery 7,000
alternative 6,000
nibbs 6,000
open365 3,000
Graham 2,000
HeathDavisSpeed 1,000
Raghav 1,000

The CW Awards Team

Prince EWS (Milestones & Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey & Inzamam & Saj & Sobers)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting & Bradman)
HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)
Fiery (Skull)

Come on there must be someone who wants to be a judge?

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Prince EWS for this click here , very close with the Prince just taking the Afridi. Special mention to sohummisra for this:http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1265137&postcount=80

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is short shorts for this click here , an original idea hope it takes off:happy:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Xuhaib click here You could always just make them up:laugh:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Prince EWS back on the boil after a quiet month or so:cool:

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: NZTailender for this click here , You heard it here first, no Marsh/Lillee :wacko:

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Raghav click here due almost entirely to the smiley :huh:

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: silentstriker Boycs - a miracle may have happened... silentstriker... yes, and he fully deserves it, too

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Richard Richard for his repeated insistence that test records were debatable, in the Murali thread.

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
JBMAC promising poster with a strong knowledge of cricket history:)

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no awards this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week ((following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves:: And the Winner is: Perm for this click here , a beauty, haven't had anything this good for AGES.:ph34r:

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week) After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen. And the Winner is: Richard for this click here , two awards for Richard this week:-O

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: Xuhaib for this click here , Though involved in a discussion regarding padding in the general thigh area, a discussion of the size of Carl Hooper's thighs was surely taking the thread off on a slightly perverse tangent.

The Martin Bicknell Award (a poster making a comeback after a massive gap). And the Winner is: Somerset back on the Trivia threads, hope he stays around

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: Turbanator for this click here , Though involved in a discussion regarding padding in the general thigh area, a discussion of the size of Carl Hooper's thighs was surely taking the thread off on a slightly perverse tangent.
Man as mad as I was that you spelt my username wrong :p, I was happy at the same time to see that I had won another award. Until I clicked on the link :@........................ :laugh:.

EDIT: Oh and Raghav won the Inzi not Fraz :p...

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
Man as mad as I was that you spelt my username wrong :p, I was happy at the same time to see that I had won another award. Until I clicked on the link :@........................ :laugh:.

EDIT: Oh and Raghav won the Inzi not Fraz :p...
Well spotted fixed now:)

Fiery

Banned
The Pingu post deserved a mention i feel.
It was the funniest post. Easily. Also the post which won in it's place was not remotely funny. The person who gave it the award should step down from the panel on moral grounds.
Well if you had nominated it, it may have won. Anyway I'm happy with my decision. It made me laugh the most and I'm the judge....so there :dry:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Even if you over looked it or Richard openly saying it should win the award (which is like an open nomination), surely the post you selected couldn't have been the second funniest? The Skull is a prestigious award, hey.

Fiery

Banned
Even if you over looked it or Richard openly saying it should win the award (which is like an open nomination), surely the post you selected couldn't have been the second funniest? The Skull is a prestigious award, hey.
I don't get it, if you must know. It's a bloody children's TV character saying "Whaaa Whoo". :unsure:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Delighted to have won the Saj, I knew my anger had to come out in a constructive way some day. Congratulations to all winners and thanks to the awards team.